Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

Yowzers.

Please remove this demo http://doomedsda.us/lmps/944/8/ev01-04t7445.zip and this demo http://doomedsda.us/lmps/1180/1/sl28-5626_j4rio.zip from dsda. The first one is basically incomplete tnt ep1 tyson, which I've eventually recorded, so there's no point in keeping it as is. The second one, the map is broken, monsters randomly fail to teleport in, secret is impossible to trigger and that demo was only made to demonstrate that, so it's pointless to keep it under uvmax label, or in archives at all.

I get grinding IL maxes for time, but why on earth would anyone risk a 5+ hour long WAD without advanced HUD?

1 minute ago, tchkb said:

I get grinding IL maxes for time, but why on earth would anyone risk a 5+ hour long WAD without advanced HUD?

Doesn't matter that much to me. Fact I got through is good enough for me.

I think a demo as lengthy as the one in question is impressive in and of itself, even with a single monster missed. People who were interested in seeing a full run of eviternity still have something worthwhile to watch for entertainment's sake. Sure, it's going to be listed with "misses one monster" or something along those lines, but that doesn't really devalue the accomplishment itself as far as I'm concerned.

Considering that some of eviternity's "behind the scenes mechanics" are a bit iffy, I believe it's rather fortunate that somebody gave this a shot and delivered something decent in the first place.

6 hours ago, Nevanos said:

After some analyzing, in my D2ALL UV-Max of Eviternity I have missed a monster on MAP23.

I pointed this out in the Doom Speed Demos Discord, and I was wondering if anyone was going to bring it up here.

I'm not gonna be too harsh on it, given the circumstances surrounding its recording.

Just to be fair, I will turn myself in and admit that I missed two mancubi on Map 26 of my HR Skill 1 D2ALL, as well as a chaingunner in my 3 Heures D'agonie 2 Map 10 demo.

Edited by Revved

tantrum2 max misses a monster

mlm12 map03 max misses 2 monsters (Phml clearly knew about them, but applied a rule "100%=max")

Edited by vdgg

Minor details, but, for Eviternity all map 31 demos are actually 31s. Additionally, lirui1001 and Dubzzz's map 15 UV-Max's, and my map 15 NoMo100s's, are all map15s.

Also, it seems you missed a Eviternity map 8 NoMo 0:36 tas I posted. evit8o36x.7z

@almostmatt1: historically, the distinction between normal and secret exits is only made for the various speed categories and nomo, because they are nearly always materially different routes. In max or max-like categories, most of the time both runs are going to be very similar to one another with some differences at the end ("backtrack awkwardly to the slower exit, perhaps having changed the approach to leave some monsters alive to kill while you do that").

Edited by rdwpa

Thanks @rdwpa, I wasn't aware it was mostly only given any mind for nomo's and speed categories. I mentioned it moreso for the sake of strict archival accuracy than anything else, and yep, it doesn't really hold much significance - especially in the case of map 31 where, as far as I am aware (99.9% sure), there is no "normal" exit taking you to map 16 anyway. Up to Andy whether he should even bother changing anything I suppose. 

Turns out I derped big and completely missed an update BTSX1 got in August 2017. Both my MAP12 and 13 demos from last week were recorded on an older version from March which, among other things, probably changed something very small in MAP12 that causes my demo to desync on the newer version. Can the old one be removed (preferrably) or tagged as "Plays back in 02.03.2017 version" or something similar?