Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

i should've been clearer in my question: is the footer influencing the demo replayability on other ports/vanilla exe in some way?

No, although I do find one thing a bit annoying about it. Sometimes I like to measure the duration of a demo, especially FDAs, by the file size, as it's an exact value* and must delete the footer to do so properly.

* For vanilla the time in tics is: bytes minus 14, divided by 4 (or 5 for longtics).

Andy Olivera said:
vdgg & dew: Both updated. Thanks! I'm guessing that Opulent is probably the only one who could confirm the rest of the unknowns from endgame, assuming he still has his eMails from that time.

See here. (As shown there, vdgg is correct about Map05.)

Yeah, although it doesn't support long tics, which I use a lot in my personal FDAs.

Hello, I noticed a pl2 demo by Red-XIII (better late than never), p201f436, present as "MAP27 -fast demo", should be moved to MAP01 portion of the table. From newer stuff, a UV Speed demo for tde-lutz is missing (link)

I'm slightly curious, and this is probably a personal and rather daft question, but why do a select few prefer to email Andy demos directly instead of using these forums? I suppose that it's easier for Andy to manage his emails instead of having to scour these forums daily or weekly to find all the demos.

However, since I would say 90-95% of the demos submitted to DSDA within the past couple of years are submitted through these forums, seems kind of strange, at least to me, that certain people would still choose to email directly. Unless I'm missing something, and everyone who uploads to these forums ALSO emails the demos to Andy simultaneously. Makes me assume that they're afraid of using these forums or have some objection to using these forums for demo uploading. I know for a fact that one of the people who email directly know about these forums.

I suppose it's just that I'm used to finding the recently recorded demos on these forums, instead of having to wait weekly for all the new demos.

Sorry for being such a caviler here.

I invited some youtube doomers (e.g. Krypto, TendaMonsta, blob1024, Archy, and so on) to come to this forums. As a result, some players of them didn't come. For me, it is no problem as far as they send DSDA their demos which were recorded on suitable ports. (Some players tend to challenge a record first on ZDoom.)

By the way, Andy, why don't you archive Final DOOM on Nightmare demo pack?

vdgg: Fixed, and I'll get the other tde-lutz run in the next update(Never Again mentioned this to me, as well). Thanks!

Qaatar: As seen above, I do miss a demo or two on occasion when scouring the forum, but I try to visit daily so I don't. As you can see, however, somebody(or multiple somebodies) usually notices and lets me know.:-)

tatsurd: I'll try to get the demopack in this week, but I can't guarantee it. Either way, it's in the queue now. Thanks!

I'm doing some major C-N checking (and trying to compile all the records in a single easily readable .xls table). Finished MM already.

Firstly, having a look at DSDA tables makes my job easier and more secure, thanks to your PWADs C-N update some time ago. E.g. I noticed a small mistake in /incomings results table, which I'll correct soon.

As for DSDA tables, I noticed two things:

mm17-319, a UV Speed record according to Doom Wiki (now superseded by mm17-157), is missing. Hopefully you have access to doom2.net database, I haven't found it anywhere else (not present in NeverAgain's database).

mm31n417 is secret exit, thus can be moved to "MAP31s".

158 demos this week.

vdgg: Relocated Xit's record to MAP31s. As for the other, I think it's missing from the directory it should be in(otherwise, it'd be in the DSDA and Never Again's archive). According to this page it should be in fullzip 20020521.zip. Unless someone has this file, though, we'll have to wait until the doom2.net DNS comes back up.

What's up with doom2.net, anyway? With all the problems it has, why doesn't the whole site get relocated to a more reliable server?

Hell Revealed:
MAP01 - hr01-007 by Adam Hegyi is also Pacifist
MAP10 - hn10-044 by Unknown is by Adam Williamson according to C-N listings
MAP15s - hr15s117 by Altima Mantoid is Pacifist (discussed in C-N discussion topic recently).
MAP19 - both Speeds, hr19-023 and hr19-024 by Kimo and Adam Hegyi respectively are also Pacifists.
MAP24 - hr24-021 by Natalya is Pacifist
hr24-025 by Opulent is Pacifist
MAP28 - hr28-013 by Sedlo is also Pacifist
hr28-018 by Cameron is Pacifist

DOOM
e3m7-055, e3m7-056, e4m9-008 all by Hi Jango are Pacifists.

PLUTONIA
pl28-132 by Xit Vono is also Pacifist

TNT
ev27-203 by Tamas Flamich. I *think* it shouldn't be marked C-N. The demo was recorded in 2008, by that time there were already faster demos in this category. I noticed that seeing this demo isn't present in my /incoming list.

A post just to show my hard work ;)

Small UPDATE to the Players section: David Ficenec and Twister is the same person: http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/MAP17:_Dens_of_Iniquity_(Requiem)#speedrunning

101 demos this week.

Ryback: Thanks!

vdgg: I ran out of time this week, but I'll make sure this stuff gets fixed by the next update. Thanks! Also, any suggestion as to which name of David's/Twister's I should keep?

A demo pack for talosian, WOW.

Two absolutely marginal things to correct. d2reload UV Speed is "secret exit". TNT UV coop Max time is 2:07, not 2:06.

Yay for the new Talosian demopak from me as well. I watched the original twice but was sometimes dismayed by the unreasonably long times. It was nice of Kristian to avoid direct comparisons and cite history and style, but when the new demo is more than 3X faster than the old one, style has nothing to do with it, IMO.

Two small corrections:
1) The Updates page is missing the header for VIRGIL.WAD, so its demo appears to belong to VESPERAS.WAD
2) ToD's 3:39 run on butcrax desyncs with every engine I tried (Choco, prBoom-plus and vanilla) because it was recorded without reject overflow emulation and probably should be removed. His 3:31 was recorded to address the overflow problem.

121 demos this week, the majority of them being old tnt demos.

On a side note, I've altered the way the site statistics are calculated: FDAs are no longer counted. This results in some WADs(56 of them, at the moment) showing no demos on the wadlist pages, but all demos are still there if you click through.

Hitherto said:

I liked it - COOL

lols
I like it too because all of my FDAs are slow and add unnecessary time to my total time of all demos.

Thank you for remembering my REVENGE NM demos, Andy. I started to think they may have slipped through the cracks ;).
BTW, on that WAD's page Hitherto's 3:03 run is on MAP14, not MAP03 (which doesn't exist in that WAD). The confusion must have arisen due to him calling it map #3 in his post. What Hitherto meant is that MAP14 is the third map, because the WAD consists of three levels: MAP12, MAP13 and MAP14.
P.S. nice to see the TNT page filling up.