Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

Ehm, don't upload my failed demos... It's not compet-n record. If someone considers it as a EP record, not compet-n record, then I want it to removed from doomworld and doomedsda. I don't want my failed demos to doomedsda.

Edit: reason is because I wanted to show, what was my fastest attempt which failed, so I thought it would be entertaining. I have a plan to make just EP1 run under compet-n rules. Imo that demo is "crap" compared to what I can make if I know I am aiming for EP1 record, not for full uv because I can use much more risky tactics and so on. So I don't really like my failed demos rotting @doomedsda as a waste of space.

Paska said:

Ehm, don't upload my failed demos... It's not compet-n record. If someone considers it as a EP record, not compet-n record, then I want it to removed from doomworld and doomedsda. I don't want my failed demos to doomedsda.

This is absurd. Am I not allowed to think that it's an ep1 record? Plus DSDA hosts many non-Compet-N demos. And you succeeded in completing the first episode. You can cut the rest with a hex editor if you want.

Edit-reply:

Paska said:

Edit: reason is because I wanted to show, what was my fastest attempt which failed, so I thought it would be entertaining.

That's the reason I'd like to see it on DSDA.

Paska said:

I have a plan to make just EP1 run under compet-n rules. Imo that demo is "crap" compared to what I can make if I know I am aiming for EP1 record, not for full uv because I can use much more risky tactics and so on.

And while you are working at it, people can watch this demo. It's good that you post them.

Paska said:

So I don't really like my failed demos rotting @doomedsda as a waste of space.

Space is cheap now, or else we wouldn't have DSDA. ;)

Edit 2: For the record:

Paska said:

So if my demo is a valid compet-n, I don't consider it as a failed anymore and it's ok for me that it's @ DSDA. I'm not gonna cut it (and I don't know how to), but maybe I should make a better .txt.

lv31-029 by Looper is Speed/Pacifist

Noticed a few novelties, time above 59:59 is now displayed in hours, on players' demo lists there's the player listed (I don't know what for, maybe co-op?)

And nice to see a 100% kills 1monster MAP03 UV Max :) I never ever achieved that

tempun: If Paska wants to make more attempts before posting anything, that's up to him. Failed demos can always be bundled with the successful runs, later.

vdgg: Category fixed. Thanks! And, yeah, I recently did some cleanup on the site code (taking a brief break from TASing). WADs shown on Collection pages and the minutes/hours thing should be the only two visible. I forgot to remove the player name from the 'By Player' section, but that's a quick fix (in the next day or two).

Also, within the next week I'm going to add a fixed MAP03 to the 1monster_bugfix WAD. Conveyor teleporters need to be done carefully, as I've learned both from this level and year_23 (haven't decided if I'm going to fix that one, yet). You know, I think that's the first piece of non-vanilla editing info I've learned.:-)

Andy Olivera said:

... and year_23 (haven't decided if I'm going to fix that one, yet).

Please allow me to do the bugfix, thank you very much. Pending any further discoveries by players, the ETA for the update is tomorrow. I'll send you a copy with the old version included (so Qaatar's demo can be played back; the way I fixed it requires the nodes to be rebuilt.) The irony of this is that it didn't get broken during testing, and that was done rather thoroughly (by a few speedrunners, even.)

TGH: Yeah, I was waiting because I figured you'd be releasing a fix yourself before too long.:-)

The Hell Knight bug looks to be fairly uncommon. It only occures if the teleport destinations are blocked when both HKs pass the initial line. Easy to miss when building and testing, but now that we know it'll be just as easy to avoid in the future.

Indeed. Every other monster conveyor belt in the level has only one enemy in it; I built those problem ones the way I did (two enemies in two belts) because it seemed so impossibly unlikely for that to happen, judging from the design of the area and from testing it. The upcoming update moves the second HK of each pair to their own belts, just like the rest. I actually fixed it the day it was discovered, but as implied in my previous post, I want to wait for any further bugs* to be discovered before I release it.

* There's another bug, an extremely rare one, that can cause teleport fog to teleport into a certain part of the level indefinitely. I'm not going to fix that one though, precisely because of how rare it is (I, myself, have never encountered it,) partly because it's harmless, and partly because it's hilarious. (The fact that it can happen goes to show how poorly coded Boom is.)

Just a little correction (4 inf-lutz demos): Looper and Paska is the same player :)

I've noticed that a lot of demos for Scythe 2 version 1 are on the version 2 page. Are there plans to fix it? It should be very easy: just look at the file date and move it to corresponding page.

vdgg: I should've known that. Fixed. Thanks! :-)

Memfis: Just recently I moved all of the v1 demos that still synced into v2. There are only two versions because noting "Plays back with scythe2_old.wad." on over a hundred demos would clutter up the tables.

ClumsyDoomer's demos need to be marked as TAS (he stated this in his forum posts, but not in his text-files).

As far as I can tell, the 2sectors demo pack is missing. I am not sure if any demos are therefore missing from DSDA (the links on this page are to individual demos, with their original txts), but the demo-pack contains more information and improved descriptions, etc.

129 demos this week.

Grazza: I'll compare the 2sectors pack to the tables to make sure nothing's missing. I'll also replace the individual demos with the collection (I assume this is what you're suggesting). Thanks!

Revved's MAP29 UV-Fast in 18:39 is for MM, rather than MM2. Also, Blob's C309-737 is duplicated.

Andy Olivera said:

I'll also replace the individual demos with the collection (I assume this is what you're suggesting).

Yes, I think that makes sense, as the texts in the pack are more informative in many cases, and the demos have been checked for things like whether a Speed is also Pacifist, etc.

Michael Novikov's max demo for lake4 is on e1m1. Also, Angus's nightmare-speed demo for Scythe map 05 has 100% secrets.

Another ancient mistake found, this time in the HR2 table. I just rewatched Anima Zero's "11:36" UV Max for MAP23 and saw that he didn't notice the last digit of the time. It's actually 11:34.

Daniel's HR24 nomonsters run is accidentally put in the Eternal table. Also, the 0:59 UV-Fast demo for Last2003 is by Philnemba, rather than Memfis.

last2003.wad UV -Fast in 0:59 is by Philnemba, not me.

EDIT: oops, I'm a bit late :)

The 0:59 UV-Fast demo on last2003 is actually by philnemba :)

edit: Damn he beat me to it 2x