Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

For my Mandoom demos, can you specify the skill level? There might be no point because the Stupid difficulty only appears in Mandoom, and that's the only reason I use it, but people might want to know about the new difficulty level. You may also want to add that it's version 1.17 as new versions may become available.

143 demos this week.

Memfis: I changed the boomedit demo to UV Speed, even though it really doesn't make a difference, as there are no monsters. And, yes, I did miss the requiem demo. It's up now. Thanks!

DoomHero: Comments and versions added. Thanks!

My Memento Mori Episode 1 run in 1:05:59 isn't UV Max, it's UV Fast. I just got confused on how to name it, that's all.

Well I didn't check all Phml's Max demos (valid/non valid Maxes), but I can certainly say that in d2reload MAP07 resurrected monster(s) were not rekilled.

Also, OBTIC02-LMP by Mr.Olivera :) The time is 15:55, not 15:53.

For me there two valuable things about these demos (or about the first MM2 demopack): first, there's nostalgia value ("how the players were solving their problems in 1994-1996"...). Second, almost always there is something about a map I would have missed without these old demos. One example is obtic-11, I didn't know I could press a computer panel to lower it like a lift (linedefs 92-93). Not sure if I can make any use of it in a competitive demo, though. Another example is the infamous Jim Corrigan's struggle against MAP09 from MM2. It is the only demo which shows how to get three rocket launchers on this map... :) Thus, a completely useless demo is a rare thing.

Now, I'd like to discuss the naming of end1/end2 (my heart always bleeds when you change my filenames, Andy). I thought ExNy-ttt is cool, as in end1 you have only episode 1 and 2 and in end2 you have only episode 3. But if e1n4-702 needed changing, then my old e2n6-531 also... And E3M2 and E3M3 Max from end2 have their names definitely wrong.

Hey, I only change the name of the zip, not the files inside.:-)

In the case of end1 and end2, it looks like I've been going back and forth. The naming I settled on initially was end(1/2)XX. Lately, though, I forgot that there were multiple episodes in the first one, so I started using end(1/2)mX. I'll try to stick to the former from now on. The issue with eXnX is that Compet-N uses the same scheme.

I try to keep things consistent, but it's difficult to remember with over 1700 WADs, now, and I'd much rather spend the time entering new demos. I did fix both of the endX tables, though, since there were only a few off.

Andy Olivera said:

The issue with eXnX is that Compet-N uses the same scheme.

For what? (I haven't checked systematically - I just don't recall this being used for anything.)

Eternal map13 pacifist is by Altima, not Anima. :)
Also, maybe specify that my Intrsect FDA is on -fast?

Andy Olivera said:

80 demos this week.

Whoops, Andy! I have submitted two NM Speed demos as UV Maxes. I forgot to change that in the two textfiles.

Those would be both for Speed Of Doom MAP30. My bad. I'd really appreciate if you could fix that both in the tables and the textfiles (as I can't change those myself).

Was my Eternal map13 NM Speed not included, or just somehow missed? Just wondering =)

Andy Olivera said:

Does anybody know who the players are for old Compet-N records f1m1-036 and f1m6-439?

f1m6-439 was also AdamW.

This is the text-file from the original upload at DANG (archive here):

This is a   Public DANG   entry (members.xoom.com/publicdang/)

author:     Adam Williamson <adam@scisoft.force9.co.uk>

game:       Ultimate DOOM version 1.9

category:   Fast

level:      E1M6

stats:      Kills     100%
            Secrets   100%   and Time   4:39

comments:   Hey, new record! Not too slow either. Could be done quite a bit
faster though, and i'm sure it will be :). Getting the start to work properly
is as annoying as HELL! :).

Altima said:

Was my Eternal map13 NM Speed not included, or just somehow missed? Just wondering =)

You accidentally included your regular UV run into the zipfile in your NM record post. That's why only your UV demo was added to DSDA.

SAV88: Huh. Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Fixing that right now...

Edit: Done. I have the correct demo and text file into the zip now. I was wondering what was going on, and I'm wondering when someone was gonna tell me =P

Kristian & Grazza: Thanks! It looks like that happened with a few of his demos...

Altima: SAV88 is right. By looking at the file name, I suspected that's what happened, but I was too lazy to check. Sorry...:-)

Grazza said:

You might wanna try searching the forums for things like this. Pretty much any desynching older demos at DSDA will have been noticed and investigated, and any fixable issues fixed.

Yes, but then I wouldn't know to correct the DSDA entries.:-)

The ZIP now includes both versions. Thanks!