Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

Andy Olivera said:

Now for a question: should the nerve tables remain with the original 01-08 numbering or be changed to use the episode numbering of 12-19+31?

They most defiantly should be 01-08+09, 12-19+31 is only necessary in movie runs that use the secret exit.

Andy Olivera said:

Finally, can anyone get Compet-N entries ep3-0748 or ep3-1413 to play back correctly?

You need to force -complevel 2 (or use Doom2.exe or -gameversion 1.9 in Chocolate). These demos predate Ultimate Doom.

Dear Andy,

I send 26 Demos to you though yahoo. Note that "Fava Beans E4M8" is written wrongly, it should be E1M8 instead. There's no episode 4 in this wad.

--Daiyu Xiaoxiang

My 2:36 speedrun for Slaughterfest MAP11 is recorded with GLBoom Plus 2.5.1.3 (rather than 2.5.0.8, which I used for my previous demos).

I can't find plutonia MAP22 pacifist C-N record. This demo is notorious for disappearing from various lists.

That Scythe2 MAP26 Speed by D-D (0:42) is also pacifist.

Searcher said:

Grazza posted it over here:

That is hell revealed, right? Odd naming, is it correct?

Paska said:

That is hell revealed, right? Odd naming, is it correct?

When I first saw the ambiguous identifier "PN22-123" some years ago, I thought it's for Plutonia. On my hard drive it's renamed to "HN22P123".

BTW, on Plutonia MAP22 NM Speed, 1:23 seems like what a good HUMANLY time should be :-)

Next time I won't be so lazy and just write "MAP22 Plutonia Pacifist 4:07 demo by stx-Vile". And I *have* the demo in question, just don't find it here.

SAV88: Fixed. Thanks! Is there any listing of the differences with jthfixv2?

vdgg: D-D's demo fixed. Google found Vile's demo. It'll be in the next update. Thanks!

BTW, does anyone know who recorded the C-N demo 30ty2328?

Yeah, each map in jthfixv2 is changed compared to jth and maps are moved around. I should know that as I'm actually responsible for existence of that "fixed" version, even though there is still a huge heap of stuff I wanted to change.

j4rio: Okay. jth is now split between 1st and 2nd Releases. Thanks!

PS. The stats for the 2nd Release will show zero until the next update.

Andy Olivera said:

BTW, does anyone know who recorded the C-N demo 30ty2328?

That's Adam Hegyi.

zahid's pv21-943 looks like complevel -1. i think it should be marked in the comment row. the differences made it worse for him though, blowing monsters off ledges worked against him. i believe he might not know about the whole complevel ordeal.

I thought Girlich's demos were TASes. Well, passed along as legit while secretly being TASes. :p
Weren't those demos, besides other things, actually reasons for many oldschool players to abandon demoing?

I think Zahid's demo should be moved to "other", as it's just way too different when compared to blob's max. Inconsistency might lead to anarchy. Also there should be something done about zdoom demos that are beaters of something "legitive". I recall some guy from yt getting offended when I told him that his demo is not really a record. :p It was some tyson of scythe 2 IIRC, where fist has much further reach, and he even mocked the "old" record. He said that DSDA accepts it nevertheless, so it's a record. Nothing against zdoom users, (heck, I used it for half a year myself) but if there are zdoom demos for vanilla/boom wads, they *should* be moved to "other", or something.

I'm also not really a fan of the way how adding is handled when there are 2 demos by the same person of the same map and category during a week. I don't know about others, but I'd be happier if just the faster is added. It clutters zip with something nobody besides demo freaks would bother with.

well, that's wholly up to andy.

here's an idea i've been toying with for ages now - start filling out the speedrun tables at doomwiki. i'm sure its admins will let us set the standards for "official" record admissions, so even if someone tries to edit in zdoom times or something, we'd have a policy behind us.