Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

59 demos this week.

Two of Ryback's demos (spangood and storm) aren't included thanks to ***** not working for me. I've PM'd him, so they should be in next week's update.

31 demos this week.

Memfis: Fixed. Thanks!

Didier: Actually, I may have ignored it, what with there not being any text file or time. It's up now. Thanks!

@Andy Olivera: Over at the DTWiD page on the DSDA, you have the demo by WingAscendant listed as UV-Speed, but it is also a Pacifist run.

Andy Olivera: You missed my speedrun for Doom the Way id Did, E3M7 UV-Speed in 1:04 over in the not-demopack thread =P I'm pretty sure I made it in before the update but you might've just missed it. No big deal if it goes into the next update instead though =)

Andy Olivera: I must've forgotten to remove that. You're free to do so yourself haha, my mistake!

Daiyu Xiaoxiang and Yonatan Donner's TNT map 15 UV-Speed demos are for the secret exit of the map.

Hm, I think there are some things about authors of wads that could use a bit polishing to prevent some bigger mess in future.

I think pseudonym of wad author should match player's dsda one if it exists. Also sometimes the same author is listed with his pseudonym shown on one wad and real name on different wad. Besides that, there is also a special case of ToD's personality disorder and his wads are listed under different pseudonyms. I won't bother listing all I noticed unless I hear there will be something done about this because there is quite a bunch of such cases.

Also in darkwave17 max -cl 9 was used.

48 demos this week.

Noob: Fixed. Thanks!

j4rio: Feel free to post the inconsistencies you've found. It shouldn't take long to fix them. Also, darkwave17 demos updated. Thanks!

Huh? Prboom-plus shows 1:36 for me. Perhaps you confused it with his older demo (which he replaced with a better one)?

Memfis said:

Perhaps you confused it with his older demo (which he replaced with a better one)?

You're right. At first he included the slightly older 1:46 exit into the VF04-136 zipfile.

Andy Olivera said:

Feel free to post the inconsistencies you've found. It shouldn't take long to fix them.

here author is Creaphis

here author is ArmouredBlood

here author is Angus

here author is dannebubinga

here author is eschdoom

here and here author is Gusta

here authors are Gusta & Method

here, here, here and here author is The Green Herring

here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here author is Espi

here, here, here, here, here and here author is Opulent

here, here, here and here author is TimeOfDeath

here and here valkiriforce is Michael Jan Krizik (Křižík?)

here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here 40oz is Jon Vail

here and here Jimmy91 is James Paddock

here, here and here Joshy is Josh Sealy

TendaMonsta and TheNebulousThinker is the same person

JC and JCD is the same person (I think ...?)

Khorus is listed as Adam Woodmansey on all his wads

The Green Herring said:

Aw, but I liked having real names show up many of the author spaces of those WAD pages. It made things seem a little more professional! Oh, well.

Agree, if a user wishes to publish his/her WADs under his/her real name, then that real name should be used for all WADs. Not only is it more professional, but it's also more personal, makes the community feel a bit more "real." As far as I know, The Green Herring could just be a really sophisticated bot, but using real names just makes it feel "genuine."

Well, it could have been changed the other way around as well, so that if names are known, they'd be a priority over pseudonyms and appear both in player profile and authored wads unless user wants pseudonym to be listed instead. There's also the possibility to insert pseudonym between name and surname, but I don't really like that option.

- The demos for F1.WAD from this post are missing (serves me right for editing the post rather than making a new one ;)
- The WAD and demo ZIPs for redroom1 and redroom need sorting out. My fault again for naming the demos and their ZIPs the other way around (redroom_na is for redroom1 and redroom1_na is for redroom)
- While we are discussing name adjustments, may I have the underscore in my nym reinstated? I know it's the original DSDA's legacy but I never spelled it that way.