Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andy Olivera

The DooMed Speed Demos Archive returns!

All my demos in PRBoom are TASed. Just noticed that demo on Stardate.wad isn't marked.
One more: AVJ.wad map17 NM-Speed by Red-XIII = it's a fake. This demo on MAP23, not on map17

You might want to add a note on this page that two of the demos (equ3-104.lmp and equ7p108.lmp) require this command-line option:
-pad_reject_with_ff

They were recorded before reject overflow emulation and before short rejects were padded with zeroes by prb+.

44 demos this week.

Grazza & vdgg: Fixed. Thanks!

Cyber: If there aren't any secrets there's nothing to 100%, so speed is the only category.

Doom E1M4 NM-Speed co-op by Selim and Vincent is 14 seconds not 9.

Edit: More Ultimate Doom stuff:

E1M8 Tyson in 1:38 by Oyvind Stenhaug is 1:37 not 1:38 (despite the info in the txt and filename).

Springy's E2M1-E2M7 nomo movie should be in the D1EP2 category since Doom 1 nomo movies don't do M8

E3M6 NM-Speed IL in 0:19 by J. Learn Shiore is on the secret exit not the normal exit

Episode 1 has two UV-Speed episodes with fist/chainsaw only by AD_79 and Steffen Udluft, but AD's is in the UV-Speed category and Udluft's is in the Other category

Radek Pecka's NM100 record for E4M7 in 0:41 is missing from DSDA

The E4M7 4-player co-op UV-Speed record in 0:01 is also pacifist

Two more missing demos: Vile's NM100 record for Doom episode 3 (e2ns0846) and Vile's former ep 2 NM-Speed record (e2nm0452). Also, vdgg's Sunlust map 16 max record is in 9:17 (the textfile listed the incorrect time).

Edit by vdgg: I corrected the .txt in the Sl thread (post), thx

A few unmarked Strollers:

dc10s009.lmp darkcvnt.wad map10 is a stroller
s2m2-031.lmp doom.wad e2m2 is a stroller
ic02s043.lmp icarus.wad map02 is a stroller
ic13s130.lmp icarus.wad map13 is a stroller
ic15ss31.lmp icarus.wad map15 (secret exit) is a stroller; zip name is misleading - the name I had given it, ic13ss31.zip, is more suggestive of the contents
ic22s051.lmp icarus.wad map22 is a stroller
ks02s011.lmp ksutra.wad map02 is a stroller
pl21s011.lmp plutonia.wad map21 is a stroller

Some more stuff:

Sedlo's Doom 2 map 16 UV-Speed in 0:11 is also Pacifist
Doom 2 ep 3 UV-Speed record in 8:59 by Radek is missing from the DSDA
Konceptz' ep 2 max for Doom 2 is 45:28 and his ep 2 max attempt is 45:41 (the times in the textfile are the CNDoom times)

Also, Thomas Pilger's map 17 Other demo in 4:51 has no comment, I think it could use a comment that it is NM-Speed shotgun only (also maybe it would make more sense in the NM-Speed category?). Another demo like that is Adam Hegyi's map 7 demo in 9:30: could perhaps use a comment that it aims for the largest number of kills on Nightmare difficulty.

Nuts NM-Speed by Grazza. PRBoom crashes in 25 seconds. In txt Grazza wrote that was used Complevel 1 but nothing changed.
// NM-Speed by Light_Speed plays correctly.

Cyberdemon531 said:

Some NM100 demos from CN are missing for MAP31 of Doom 2.
EDIT: Wait, they're listed under secret exit. Any reason for that?

All the NM100 demos for map 31 use the secret exit except Hegyi's first run. I guess NM100 demos are placed under the exit they use on the DSDA (at least it is true for the IWADs), but I dunno how often this is the case for PWADs, as usually people don't specify the exit used for NM100 as far as I know since it's not very important. For instance, my Scythe 31 NM100 run uses the secret exit, but it's under the normal exit on the DSDA

For that matter, the respawn demos on D2 31 are also split between exits, I guess for the same reason.

Cyberdemon531 said:

Seems silly, I always assumed you should take the fastest exit in an IL run.

For speed-oriented runs (UV-speed, NM-speed, pacifist, and nomo), both the normal and secret exits count as separate categories. As far as I know, that's not the case for NM100 or -respawn (at least on Compet-N), so I'm not entirely sure why they were separated on the DSDA.

I always assumed that you should take the secret exit for, you know, 100% Secrets. I know this may not be always true for UV-Max, but it feels natural for NM100s, heh.

Anyways, I agree that having separate normal/secret entries for max categories seems redundant. Unless there's something very specific going on in the map.