Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Plutonia Revisited Community Project: Released!

Should this project go ahead?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should this project go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

Excuse me...but I would like to make a map in the slot MAP20. "The Death Domain" was a very interesting level and I wanted to see if I could make something similar.

I really hope it isn't too late to request a map slot...

TendaMonsta said:

Excuse me...but I would like to make a map in the slot MAP20. "The Death Domain" was a very interesting level and I wanted to see if I could make something similar.

I really hope it isn't too late to request a map slot...

Not at all. It's only too late to request a map slot when 32 maps have been made. :P Still, you can request a slot to warn other people that you want the slot. Otherwise whoever finishes their map first gets to take whatever slot they want.

Well I will start working on a MAP20 slot.

This will give me some practice in mapping since I have not been indepth or interested in map making.

imp lord2 said:

I would like to make a map similar to map 24 if I can.

Sure, I assume you want it in episode 3?

After days of testing I declare my map finish. I've sent a pm to all testers(except Gun_psycho) and to Joshy. Map is on map17 slot due to the music. If theres any changes/improvements y'all want me to make on the map let me know please.

And as promise more screenshots.

Chocolate-Doom refuses to play it due to a missing flat. Prboom-plus plays the wad with an HOM and a few missing flats.

"NFWOOD02 not found" is the error that shows up when trying to load the wad in Chocolate-Doom.

TendaMonsta said:

Chocolate-Doom refuses to play it due to a missing flat. Prboom-plus plays the wad with an HOM and a few missing flats.

"NFWOOD02 not found" is the error that shows up when trying to load the wad in Chocolate-Doom.

It does this to my MAP also unless I'm running it in Doom Builder with the texture pack.

Are we supposed to insert the texture pack into our wad or will it all come together once the project is complete. I'm confused?!?!

Had some great feedback from Joshy, Belial and dew (and sent them a crappy 1.5 version to know if it's turning well, sorry for them :P). Version 2 will be sent to all testers except Gun_psycho.

I sent in my map to Joshy today, after TendaMonsta playtested it, and I deemed it complete to be send it. If Joshy playtested it and approves, then I guess my map for this project is truly done. =)

I just received some nice feedback from Belial, Tendamonsta and Hawkwind of my map. I'll wait until tomorrow for more feedback from the others before I start fixing it.

Edit: Still waiting for Dew's feedback so I'll wait until Sunday instead.

I've gotten more feedback myself and apparently my map is still deemed not compatible with Vanilla Doom. Because of this, I've scrapped this map, somebody else can make a map 21. I've begun to work on another map, this time testing it with chocolate doom every time even one sector is added, and so far it seems fine. It'll be a map for episode 1, but I have no specific slot nor does this map have a name yet. Apologies for all the trouble and delay.

Too bad... do you plan to upload this map to the idgames archive? I'm sure I would enjoy it a lot.

Josh can you put me down for map three named 'chambers of hatred' chocolate hurt my mapping ego a bit lol

Keeper of Jericho said:

Because of this, I've scrapped this map, somebody else can make a map 21.

Too bad, it was a fine map for that slot, and I'm sure it wouldnt've taken too much work to simplify the central section since most VPOs were borderline cases of about 130-135 visplanes.

Well, I suppose I can give it one more try... But can I still work on that other map, too? It's shaping up nicely.

EDIT: Belial is helping me out with making map 21 "Asmodeus' Circle" work with vanilla doom, and work continues on my episode 1 map. Apologies for all the trouble concerning "Asmodeus' Circle".

Third version of MAP04 has been sent to testers. Some medikits and multiplayer bosses added.

I might also start work on another map in the second episode, if there's room.

Just got Belial's seal of approval for my map. I will send the map to all testers now.

Edit: What about "Bloody Mess" as a title? I suck at finding catchy titles (myk can tell you that).

Silly suggestion: It looks a lot like Speed, so why not "Velocity" or some variant for a title? :P

Anyhow, mine's progressing rather well, although it's going to wind up being a lot larger/longer than I originally thought. Hooray for unintentionally large monster counts.

Hello. I'm interested in making a map for this project. I've made a few maps in the past but haven't really released anything yet.

Are there still slots free for a new mapper? Also, should I submit my earlier work to someone so you can decide if it's good enough?

Xaser said:

Silly suggestion: It looks a lot like Speed, so why not "Velocity" or some variant for a title? :P

Hey that's nice! I take it :).

hawkwind has found some minor bugs and asked for extra ammos in easy skill. 5th version is on the way, but will be sent to Joshy once all testers gave me their bug report/feedback.

Keeper of Jericho said:

Well, I suppose I can give it one more try... But can I still work on that other map, too? It's shaping up nicely.

EDIT: Belial is helping me out with making map 21 "Asmodeus' Circle" work with vanilla doom, and work continues on my episode 1 map. Apologies for all the trouble concerning "Asmodeus' Circle".

Thanks for finishing it. I'm glad that you guys managed to keep the map alive. And no, you've not caused any trouble at all mate. :-) Sure, you can make another map, keep up the good work.

@Mista_T: Sure thing, there's plenty of room for more maps.

@Waverider: You are very welcome to make a map. And there are testers I'm sure will help you to improve your map too. Just don't make a map like wow.wad :P.

EDIT: Also, to those who have finished their maps, can you fill out this for the txtfile info? Just PM me the info when you're done. Thanks.

Level name          : 
Author(s)           : 
Build time          : 
editor(s) used      : 

Music track         :                     
Bugs                : 
Inspiration         : 
Authors comments    :

Joshy said:

@Waverider: You are very welcome to make a map. And there are testers I'm sure will help you to improve your map too. Just don't make a map like wow.wad :P.

Great =) I will start the work on my map tonight, and hopefully have something to show up in a week or two. How do I send my map when it's starting to shape up? By PM or?

I'd like to make a map for Episode 1. Don't have a name for it yet, but can come up with it soon, I'm gonna make a map with a central building in brick style with a garden outside.

waverider said:

Great =) I will start the work on my map tonight, and hopefully have something to show up in a week or two. How do I send my map when it's starting to shape up? By PM or?

I'd like to make a map for Episode 1. Don't have a name for it yet, but can come up with it soon, I'm gonna make a map with a central building in brick style with a garden outside.

Yeah, if you want it tested when completed, just send to me and to whoever's on the testers list by PM. If you'd like to just some feedback that you're on the right track, you can just PM me if you'd like.

Philnemba said:

I have sent a fixed version of my map to testers.

Didn't get this version. Sorry I never got back to you on the first one but I've finally got settled in at home again. Cali adventures are over.

Could you send me the newer version?