Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Plutonia Revisited Community Project: Released!

Should this project go ahead?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should this project go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

purpleyoshi13 said:

can I help with this project? after all, it will be my first gig at a big community happening, I can fill up a slot and I have some good idea's for some maps, currently I have an old Plutonia map that I can work on, I tried to get it just like good ol' Plutonia.

Sure you can give it a shot :-)

Still, some things to keep in mind:
-You've around a month or two to finish your map
-When you finish your map and you send it in, it'll be tested by several testers. There will be more than 32 maps altogether (I think) in which the testers and I will discuss which map goes and which stays based on how close they are to plutonia (provided the quality is consistent).

Good luck!

My map is about 99% complete. I need to fix about <5 errors and then it will be completely finished.

Just an update that Darkwave0000 has finished his plutonia revisited map (and it's quite a nice one :-) Have sent it to the testers.

I would like to narrow the vague deadline to by New Years (1st of January). Can all the mappers currently working on their maps please get the map done by then. Otherwise, there's a good chance they miss out. Remaining level gaps will be filled with filler maps.

Bottom line: Finish your maps by the 1st of January. Giving the mappers too much time won't help. Plutonia was made within 6 months so yeah, no excuses people! :P

Joshy said:

Just an update that Darkwave0000 has finished his plutonia revisited map (and it's quite a nice one :-) Have sent it to the testers.

I would like to narrow the vague deadline to by New Years (1st of January). Can all the mappers currently working on their maps please get the map done by then. Otherwise, there's a good chance they miss out. Remaining level gaps will be filled with filler maps.

Bottom line: Finish your maps by the 1st of January. Giving the mappers too much time won't help. Plutonia was made within 6 months so yeah, no excuses people! :P

Where are the filler maps coming from?

Also, just in case we won't reach 32, I'll be working on another map, if that's fine with you.

Hey, I know I said I was making a map for this, but I've decided that I'm gonna release it as a separate map. I don't think it's "Plutonia-esque" enough for this project, and I am working on my own episode right now and don't have time to work on this map anyway. Good luck on the rest of the project though, can't wait for more Plutonia :)

esselfortium said:

I've got some great SLIGE settings lined up for the occasion.

That's not gonna happen, not if I make a bunch of maps in the holidays. :D

Mista_T said:

Where are the filler maps coming from?

Also, just in case we won't reach 32, I'll be working on another map, if that's fine with you.

Yup, I'll allow authors to make more maps, the sky's the limit.

Fixing up the last few bugs and then I will be sending the map to hawkwind to fix some errors in Risen3D he found. After he is done my map will be done.

Started this today somewhere around 12 PM; it's going to be a sewer-type map inspired by, "The Sewers" obviously. We'll see what happens

well, i'm making progress on my map i guess it's gonna be some sort of a maze like level such as MAP 11 but i might still cancel that. but for now i am continuing on having it as map 11. if I have to make a guess about how far i am with my map I'd say it's Close to: 15%... but i can't confirm that.........yet.

purpleyoshi13 said:

well, i'm making progress on my map i guess it's gonna be some sort of a maze like level such as MAP 11 but i might still cancel that. but for now i am continuing on having it as map 11. if I have to make a guess about how far i am with my map I'd say it's Close to: 15%... but i can't confirm that.........yet.

Well, I can make it easy for you and let you know that Darkwave0000's already made a similar kind of map to Plutonia map11. Maybe try something different? :-)

Can i join?
1- I love Plutonia a lot
2- Earth/Hell themed maps is my interest
3- I love making homages

I like to join for episode 2

C30N9 said:

Can i join?
1- I love Plutonia a lot
2- Earth/Hell themed maps is my interest
3- I love making homages

I like to join for episode 2

You better make a map really quick then! Deadline's the 1st of January. I would suggest you either make it for episode 1 or 3 as episode 2 are mostly taken. Only the good ones will be picked out of the bunch. Good luck! :-)

map is going well, it's going to be a map base like map but also features some hell elements like the SP_DUDE textures and such. i still kept the maze part that i used for Map 11, since i heard that Map 11 was already done, so that made it all a whole lot easier i guess.

EDIT: i do miss the other SP_DUDE textures 3 and 6.

i miss 6 the most because of the rarity to see a dead baron rather than another dead (former) human.

Still working on my sewer map. I meant to work on it last night until I caught eye of that speedmapping thread for Doom's birthday. Hopefully I can really get to work on this today.

C30N9 said:

I know, i have weak detailing

I wouldn't worry about that. Plutonia was always about gameplay over visuals. You're working with Vanilla Doom constraints, so it's almost expected.

Mista_T said:

I wouldn't worry about that. Plutonia was always about gameplay over visuals. You're working with Vanilla Doom constraints, so it's almost expected.

So these screenies were not bad?
EDIT: Anyway, the main thing of the map has grown:

Behind the cage
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/9940/pit3.png

The corruption
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4461/pit4.png

I'm using "Into Sandy's City" music as an alpha version right now.

Looking good, C30N9.

Just add a couple of decorations here and there to maybe add some color to the areas that don't have enough color diversity. Maybe some monster corpses will do that once you start populating the map with baddies.

Yeah, it looks good C30N9, Just follow the advice of the above poster. Sometimes I think the lesser detail stuff better captures the style of 90's maps (the good ones).

Cell said:

How did you gain that "mudfall" texture?

The resource WAD for this project.

EDIT: Has anyone done an, "Odyssey of Noises" level yet? If not, I'd be only too glad to make another level. Cause I had an idea of making a transition from the sewer level I'm working on into a city level. It can't be a Plutonia megawad without one of those kind of levels.

valkiriforce said:

Sometimes I think the lesser detail stuff better captures the style of 90's maps (the good ones).

And that saved me, because my level of detail is low.

BTW, maybe after i finish Pitfalls, MAP31 slot is empty, i think i can map for this, "Spider Dis", instead of cyber-demons spiders mastermind, kinda close to Dis 2000 of Hell revealed II.
EDIT: Oh sorry didn't notice some is actually making MAP31!!!

valkiriforce said:

EDIT: Has anyone done an, "Odyssey of Noises" level yet? If not, I'd be only too glad to make another level. Cause I had an idea of making a transition from the sewer level I'm working on into a city level. It can't be a Plutonia megawad without one of those kind of levels.

Nothing strictly following the theme yet. ATM Mech's Atlatl fills that role as it's sufficiently huge and epic.