Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade_Style

DooM on the Gameboy - Advance ?

Yes.

But like most console versions, the levels will be different.

I didn't find the info, but it's been all over Doomworld and the forums. I'm not really interested so I never paid attention, but somebody probably has a site for it somewhere.

I heard that it will be similar to the DooM game on SNES. Because the Gameboy Advance has similar graphical capabilites to the SNES.

there should be a FAQ for these following questions:

Q: Is there a Doom 3?

A: YES.

Q: When is it coming out?

A: When it's done.

Q: Is there a Doom game for the GBA?

A: Yes.

Q: When is it coming out?

A: When it's done.

Blah blah blah. The point of this is that "newbies" don't ask the same FRIGGIN questions all of the bloody time. 'Nuff said, hopefully.

Oh i forgot, Deathwarrior , i think you are more newbie than i am... i read it.

wtf? what exactly makes me more "newbie" then you are? i guess you've never heard of IRC before.

also, you reading stuff doesn't mean shit to me. I'm not prone to asking stupid questions that have been asked 1000 times before.

The Gameboy Advance is much more powerful than a Super Nintendo, it's an actual 32 bit system.

From what I've seen it doesn't look like Doom is making it to it, it looks like Doom 2 is making it to it. However, considering that it's not a 3D system it will probably have the limitations that other similar systems have had, such as no floor-ceiling textures.

No florr-ceilng textures...ha! I have a friend that's been pining for Doom on GBA, but he can't play Wolf 3d because the lack of floor/ceiling textures makes him sick...HA!!! oh, this is good! :P

No florr-ceilng textures...ha! I have a friend that's been pining for Doom on GBA, but he can't play Wolf 3d because the lack of floor/ceiling textures makes him sick...HA!!! oh, this is good! :P

Your friend should just be happy he's getting a portable doom, like I am. That is, as soon as I can scrape up enough money for a GBA. I don't think i'll be able to accomplish that for a while :)

im not wasting my money on that......every version of doom nintendo releases they hack it up to hell and its shit every time....

didn't snes doom have floor/ceiling textures that were just wall patches? orsomething... mmnpsrsoskl is quite right and I expect it would piggy-back mode7 or something to do the rendering.

update: having read fod's url, the tech demo produced doesn't use mode7; but having said that it isn't exactly doom for the gba either.