Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

What's so great about Macs?

Macs are great... if you're a hipster faggot who thinks PCs are too mainstreammainstream

geo said:

@Shaikoten... I've not heard of such problematic Macs, but about your aunt loving them so much its like how men love beautiful women no matter how problematic and terrible they are.

Damn it, I lol'd...

I remember similar experiences when I was in high school; all 3D work had to be done with maya 3D or whatever because we didn't have many PCs. I was in FIRST robotics for all 4 years of high school back in 2001-2005 and macs were a nightmare. FIRST gives you 3DS Max and Autodesk software, but we had no PCs powerful enough to run them; only a truckload of useless macs that crashed anytime we tried to export our model work into an autodesk format...

They look pretty, but they're not worth your time.

Bank said:

This is exactly the position I'm in. I've been able to do my work perfectly well using Windows, but because the industry is predominantly Mac, it ends up effecting my ability to be employed! It's just one of those things I suppose.

I don't see how this is since both generally use the same programs and by extension fileformats.

What I've noticed is that many people who know very litte about computers look at Macs as some sort of magic platform that somehow is just all round better than the PCs available.

Xaser said:

- It happens to fill a niche I'm currently looking to fill. I'm in the market for a netbook for various ultra-portable nonsense.

Asus UnLimited series is the answer. ;)
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Superior_Mobility/UL30Jt/#overview

Craigs said:

Macs are great... if you're a hipster faggot who thinks PCs are too mainstreammainstream

STFU queer

DP Westmere Xeon = $5000

That's not a bad price

Xeros612 said:

Because it looks better when you're sitting in the local Starbucks with your hipster friends sipping $10 lattes looking smug.

Good reason to keep your shotgun ready.

kristus said:

I don't see how this is since both generally use the same programs and by extension fileformats.

Like I said, it's more a function of the industry refusing to change and requiring you to to use what they use. It becomes problematic when programs like Final Cut are involved, in addition using a cross platform harddrive (FAT32) limits your maximum file size to 4gb so any kind of big video transfers are fucked.