Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

But if such things as the palette can't be copyrighted, wouldn't it be possible to use Hexen's palette in this project? Doesn't Freedoom use some basic stuff like the palette from Doom? EDIT: I guess it doesn't really matter though, since it shouldn't be a problem to use Blasphemer's stuff anyways as you said.

Cire said:

But if such things as the palette can't be copyrighted

I said the opposite of that.

Cire said:

Would it be legally acceptable to use anything from Hexen itself? Can basic things like the palette be considered copyrightable?

Would it be legally acceptable to use anything from Hexen itself?
-> No.

Can basic things like the palette be considered copyrightable?
-> Yes.

Yeah, you're right, I misread. Anyway, I updated the WAD yesterday with a few fixes.

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion about the Jade Wand, I will add it as a replacement for the Sapphire Wand.

*See first post for latest revision*
New version up with Jade Wand as replacement for Sapphire Wand thanks to Eriance.

PWAD compatibility isn't that good an idea... And Blasphemer isn't PWAD-compatible with Heretic already.

I'd love to have Zauberer more PWAD compatible by making the pallete like Hexen's, but unfortunatly I don't think it would be legally acceptable.

I have noticed that when useing Zauberer as IWAD and loading a PWAD like Viscerus or Wolfen, the WAND4 sound replacement doesn't work, although it does so when loading Zauberer as a PWAD with Hexen as IWAD. Anyone know why that happens? Also what do you think of the Jade Wand? Also I wonder if anyone knows if the CC-BY license is compatible with the revised BSD license?

Cire said:

I have noticed that when useing Zauberer as IWAD and loading a PWAD like Viscerus or Wolfen, the WAND4 sound replacement doesn't work, although it does so when loading Zauberer as a PWAD with Hexen as IWAD. Anyone know why that happens?

Hexen, contrarily to all other games, does not use hardcoded sound lumps. Instead there's a SNDINFO lump that associates each known sound with a lump name.

Here is a new version with a SNDINFO prototype added. Please give your oppinions on this.

Could a moderator please perhaps move this to the WADs and Mods subforum as I feel it would probably fit better there since this has little to do with Freedoom except the license I guess.

Zauberer has been updated with some more sprites thanks to Stilgar. Please comment what you think.

If you want to use Blasphemer resources please make sure you're complying with the license used by Blasphemer. This is not clear from your website.

How can I do that? Please give suggestions on how I can improve my website so that it does comply with Blasphemer's license and I will fix it asap.

I added the Blasphemer docs, which I hope makes me comply with Blasphemer's license. Please tell me if I messed this up somehow.

Death Egg said: "Also, I'd suggest making the pallete like Hexen's so more PWAD's are compatible with the IWAD."
Maybe the pallete could be more similar to Hexen without being identical, like Blasphemer is to Heretic. That way PWAD compatibility would be better atleast. I would need help with creating such a pallete though.

Yeah, that's what I had meant. Having a completely different palette that breaks any wad's that add custom graphics just seems kinda unnecessary.

I added a new version of Zauberer filled out with placeholder stuff.