Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Kid sells Kidney for iPad 2 and regrets transaction

I'd sell my appendix for a million dollars.

(My spleen is not for sale, before anyone asks.)

Kidneys are virtually priceless for someone that needs one. Selling them on the black market they usually amount from $40,000 to $100,000. Just glanced on ebay and saw the iPad 2 is about $500-$1100. Will kidneys ever become technologically out of date?

40oz said:

Kidneys are virtually priceless for someone that needs one. Selling them on the black market they usually amount from $40,000 to $100,000. Just glanced on ebay and saw the iPad 2 is about $500-$1100. Will kidneys ever become technologically out of date?

Hopefully, yes. Considering hearts already have, for the most part. As far as I know, all the organs in the body besides the nervous system can be narrowed down to doing some chemical or mechanical function, so it doesn't seem infeasible to replicate them. One of the biggest challenges, though, is storing energy as efficiently as the human body.

Chinese people nowadays love money a lot, and they also love famous brands like LV. So it's not weird for this kind of situation to happens, remember I mentioned about Beijing residents fighting in Sanlitun because of ipad?

2 months ago I indeed went to Beijing, I saw many people are inside a electronic store looking for good ipads, mobile phones etc.

Indeed it's very foolish for him to do that. The traditional chinese culture is being sucked. Anyway Chinatimes also mentioned this case: http://news.chinatimes.com/mainland/11050503/112011060300163.html

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

The traditional chinese culture is being sucked.

Didn't the traditional Chinese culture start being sucked when Mao started his great leap backward?

What the fuck? I can't for a second actually believe this is real.

40oz said:

Kidneys are virtually priceless for someone that needs one.

If only people were willing to give their organs instead of pumping them full of formaldehyde and putting them into the ground to rot.

Ha! Try asking for a refund now....

Spleen said:

Didn't the traditional Chinese culture start being sucked when Mao started his great leap backward?

The traditional chinese culture was being sucked seriously during Mao's rule. However at early Ming Dynasty it already started to get sucked, students can only learn Eight-legged essay at that time, so it makes many stupid people coming out. At Qing Dynasty, fucking Qing dogs try their best to destroy the Han culture, and bring Manchu culture to China. Some chinese things we seen today are actually comes from Manchu culture, the best example is Qipao. At ROC period, traditional chinese culture is back to life again, however at Mao's period, it's destroyed. Great Leap Forward bring hungers to whole country, also started the period of making fake things(Still seen a lot nowadays). The period which traditional Chinese culture totally destroyed should be Culture Revolution.

GreyGhost said:

Is there an English language version of that page?

I don't think there is, it's a Taiwan newspaper actually. Maybe I try to translate it:

At Anhui China, a 17 year-old boy surname Zheng hoped for a ipad2, so he use 22000 RMB to sell his right kidney, leds to different views. According to the new report, people who wants to show off by consumers have its age getting low. In China, there's 73% of people lower than 45 years old age are expensive consumers.

Zheng found help from the realtor inside a internet, he went to Hunan somewhere a hospital to removed a kidney. After his parents found that there's a expensive ipad and moblie phone, his mum was shocked so she tell the police. It was discoverd that both the hospital and realtor are fake.

A kidney was missing, Zheng was getting weaker and weaker, he was guility of doing this thing. Crazy people who likes expensive products are extremly common in China.

Accordint to the new report of "2010-2011 WLA report", there's a total of US107 billion money worth by China's expensive products. Most world's expensive products manufacturer thinks this is a negative impact to China's community.

The report also mentioned that age between 18 to 34 hot 45% of China's expensive products, Japan and UK got 37%, that means many chinese people like to show off by consumers.

A pyschology professor in Shanghai said, economy is just started to get strong in China, so people who wants to buy a lot of expensive products are just some minor pyschology problem, they need the community for help and morals.

I hope you guys may understand what I am talking about.