Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Your Political Side

Technician said:

He'll probably claim he's Above the system.

Fixed that for you.

40oz never struck me as a guy who would go full Galt. It sounds more like He's picking the most hated political viewpoint right now just to be edgy and against the grain.

Technician said:

He'll probably claim he's Libertarian.

I'd expect him to be right-wing authoritarian. Loves cops...hates homeless...wants a house...yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it.

Csonicgo said:

most hated political viewpoint right now

[citation needed]

You can't infer from the homeless thread that everyone on Doomworld seems to think he has the worst political view for the situation?

Given the topic? Oh yeah, of course.

Overall? I dunno. There are a lot of political views that stray into batshit nuts territory. It would take me all goddamn day to figure out which specific one I found the most loathsome.

We'll have to see what his results are if he ever takes the test...keyword being "If".

I couldn't take the test. I was pulling my hair out on the first page.

bytor said:

Yeah, its a pretty shitty quiz.

bytor said:

That one's easy, all you have to do is alternate between "strongly disagree" and "strongly agree". ;-)

Give me an option that says; "Hell, I dunno, depends on..."

Or maybe; "What, me worry?"

Politics are just another team sport. Us vs Them. Walmart vs K-Mart.

I'm the step son of a loved politician. His own party tends to screw him over. They want him to keep running for bigger and bigger offices so he does, and then they say they'll pay for his campaign or reimberse him rather. When time comes for reimbersement... win or lose, they don't pay... even if its in writing and signed that they would.

Technically he's a democrat and we're in a highly republican area, so now he's learned to not say he's a democrat. Especially since the party won't reimberse him.

The higher office my step dad climbs to, the more he figures out how powerless they really are.

My mom's cousin is also a high up state politician, but he's too good for the rest of my family.

The puppet on the left or the puppet on the right? Voting in an election is like playing Russian roulette with a double barreled shotgun with yourself.

Donald Trump wouldn't like being president. He likes to make other people the fall guy. When you're president, you are the fall guy.

I don't love cops or hate the homeless. I just have no tolerance for masses agreeing with one particular side of an opinion-based thread when many of those people appear not to have a clear understanding of the situation, or plausible reasoning. Majority rule is fucking stupid.

Especially when the blind leading the blind in that particular thread are here turning this into a talk shit on 40oz thread. Aren't you guys adults by now?

40oz said:

I just have no tolerance for masses agreeing with one particular side of an opinion-based thread when many of those people appear not to have a clear understanding of the situation, or plausible reasoning.

Forming an opinion while having a less than perfect understanding of a situation is something we all do most of the time. All too often we can't afford the luxury of having all the facts at our fingertips, so when presented with a report (which might well be biased) and asked for an opinion most people rely on their value system and/or prejudices to guide them, the alternative is to appear an indecisive fence-sitter.

Majority rule is fucking stupid.

While it isn't perfect there are few systems of government that give the people a voice - or would you rather be ruled by a cabal of paternalistic intellectuals?

Heh. I remember something like this on another forum. I'll rummage through my pictures to see if I can find mine.

PRIMEVAL said:

I lean more Republican.

The uterus scares the shit out of me too. We must use smaller government to keep tabs on them.

I'll update the big chart later, first have to work out what the fuck has happened to my websites.

Snakes said:

~16 or so months ago:

Economic: -6.38
Social: -4.87

Economically, nothing has really changed. Socially, I've gone down to a -6.22

Not all that surprised. Oh, and for the record, here's Grey Ghost's glorious html view of where Doomworlders stood at the time:

Compass

I've moved to

Economic: -6.50
Social: -6.67

Slowly drifting further and further away from what is typical for the average Amurrrrcan citizen. I'm okay with this.