Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ligisd

Need wad help

Ok...I am going to make a doom tc which turns it into a whole new game....I know that i will use DooMbuilder2 for maps, and SLADE3 for
textures etc(and maybe zdoom,gzdoom and skulltag as engine?). But i got a few questions:
1. What format and size should i save my textures for weapons/seilings/enemies

2. How do i do the whole thing? **(SLADE3 is hard ^^

Anything else i should know then?
-ligisd

Have you ever made a wad before? If not, I suggest you start out by making a few maps and get good at making maps with good gameplay before trying anything fancy. I still only make maps, no added weapons, sometimes monsters. I guess you can go ahead and make textures. But seriously, get good at mapping first before doing anything like a TC.

You really would want to get your feet wet on making some single maps before getting into TC territory. Most people who do this end up abandoning the project a little into it.

Or maps may not be your thing. Practice making some textures as well and see what you enjoy doing. I'm not too versed in SLADE either, but I think if you have your textures in a png or bmp or whatever, the program should let you import it into a Doom texture. Or if you're using ZDoom to use true textures I think it's best to use png.

Yeah guys, i agree with what you say...A idiot is going to make a complete TC...
But what i mean is that map's isn't kinda me i feel...
(I will make some maps, but it wont be my primary subject in wadmaking)
So, now that that's out of the way...Any tips &tricks for decorate/
and slade3? maybe some great internet tutorials?
Something else i need to know?

The ZDoom wiki can help you on most or all things DECORATE if that's where you want to dabble with editing.

Mr. Chris said:

The ZDoom wiki can help you on most or all things DECORATE if that's where you want to dabble with editing.

Thanks for your "neutral" reply.
I already know about the Zdoom wiki.
What i am looking for is more general help in weapons/sprietes etc into slade3