Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
xesttub

I got a new computer!

hi all, first of all i like to introduce my self as a newcomer to this forum. I'm a classic fan of doom and recently i put in all my money on a system in preparation for doom3 that's comming out in (10?)year. And i just wanted to share with you all my joy and the power of my new system. Here are the specs.

- Pentium 2.2ghz Northwood with 400mhz FSB/512L2cache OVERCLOCKED to 3000mhz. (on the boot up screen, it reads something like 2995mhz.)

- Asus P4T motherboard

- 2 gigabite of rambus dram (rdram pc-800)

- GeForce3 Ti500 for now, but i placed an order for GeForce4 Ti 4600 at Bestbuy.com today.

- 20GB HD 3.9ms seek time 15,000RPM!!!!, Ultra160 SCSI

- Water Cooling system for overclocking

- SoundBlaster Audigy 5.1 Platinum ex w/pinnacle studio 7

- klipsche ProMEdia 5.1 500-Watt THX speakers

- Pioneer DVD-A03 DVD REWRITABLE! (got this one for almost free from a friend of mine)

- PlexWriter 12X / 10X/ 32X CD-RW

There it is... i got the right hardware... so now i just need a software to truly test my system.
thanx for reading :DD

John Carmack said DO NOT BUY A GEFORCE4 for Doom 3. If you do you're screwed.

Oh and by the way, all that other stuff you bought is known to have major problems. Just letting you know.

gawd peoplez stop bein so jealous and moody haha. i was only hopin for one warm setence, "welcome to our forum" but this is wut i get ? :D

Oh and by the way, all that other stuff you bought is known to have major problems. Just letting you know.

and as for andrew, haha go do some research if ur gonna make statements like that. you obviuosly dont know the capabilities of the GeForce4 (Ti) and John Carmack obviuosly did not say not to get GeForce4 (Ti) for doom3. Maybe he directed that towards the GeForce4 MX series since they dont have the vertex shaders and all the power house features that Ti's have. And also, wut other "stuff" that i bought have major problem? hah, pure jealosy, chill out people~! :D

gawd peoplez stop bein so jealous and moody haha. i was only hopin for one warm setence, "welcome to our forum" but this is wut i get ? :D

and as for andrew, haha go do some research if ur gonna make statements like that. you obviuosly dont know the capabilities of the GeForce4 (Ti) and John Carmack obviuosly did not say not to get GeForce4 (Ti) for doom3. Maybe he directed that towards the GeForce4 MX series since they dont have the vertex shaders and all the power house features that Ti's have. And also, wut other "stuff" that i bought have major problem? hah, pure jealosy, chill out people~! :D

Come on, we all know you just pulled these computer specs out of some online magazine. Nobody would spend their money this foolishly, not even someone like you.

::SIGH:: reality hurts too much for you andrew? too bad this had turned into a semi-flame post cuz of jealous little kids like andrew. By the way, I'm 24 years old and i make enough money to buy myself a system such as this one every 2 months. I assume you are in your teens and you need to resort to your parents to buy you things... well, get a job and save some money for about 5 months and you can easily get a system like this one. One last word for you brother, stop crying like a little bitch and believe it.

maybe i flamed a little too much at kiddie andrew.

Or maybe it's just that every time someone points out a problem with you or something you own you assume they are jealous kids.

Liam sounds more mature than you, and he's ten years younger...

...or maybe thats just my jealousy speaking...

It's my humble opinion that buying such a powerful system at this point in time solely in anticipation for Doom 3 is a waste. I don't care if his hardware is problematic or not. We don't even know if Doom 3 is going to be out within a reasonable time frame, and even if it is out in the next year or so, you'd only need about a 1 ghz with a geforce 3 to run it.

My 800 mhz pentium 3 with a Riva TNT2 runs pretty much every game on the damn market today, and it runs the vast majority of them with good 3d accelerated graphics instead of software rendering. I don't know why anybody would spend the money to upgrade to a system like xest-whatever's when a 1-1.5 ghz should get you through the next few years.

hah so funny to see everyone get so defensive over such a trivial topic on this forum. i love you all too. Yea, Liam definately sounds like a 14 year old by the way. I also do cg rendering and mpeg/dvd encoding/decoding which requires heavy cpu calculations. I recently rendedered a 11 minute sequence of Bryce5 movie and it took me near 3 days to fully render it. As always, you can never have enough CPU power and i have friends at my work with even better setups than i do.

hah so funny to see everyone get so defensive over such a trivial topic on this forum.

Nobody is being 'defensive' but you.

i love you all too.

That's good to hear. Shall we commence with the hot, steaming, man on man sex?

Yea, Liam definately sounds like a 14 year old by the way.

I want to counter that statement but at this point the worst thing I could probably do is justify it with a response :D

[quote]That's good to hear. Shall we commence with the hot, steaming, man on man sex?[quote]
nah man. I dont swing that way :)

[quote][quote]That's good to hear. Shall we commence with the hot, steaming, man on man sex?

Fine, but your filthy quoting looks so irresistably sexy, Geek Machine.

[quote][quote]

That's good to hear. Shall we commence with the hot, steaming, man on man sex?

Fine, but your filthy quoting looks so irresistably sexy, Geek Machine.

thats real good to know.

wow, what a nice "hi i'm new" thread from xesttub.

My thoughts exactly. I mean, if you move into a new neighbourhood, its not like you drive around in your Lambrogini and go up to everyones door saying "Hi, I'm bob, and this is my Diablo. Bye now".

:sigh: true true... but my intentions were good... the first ever reply post was a "fuck you" so wut am i supposed to be like?

::SIGH:: reality hurts too much for you andrew? too bad this had turned into a semi-flame post cuz of jealous little kids like andrew. By the way, I'm 24 years old and i make enough money to buy myself a system such as this one every 2 months. I assume you are in your teens and you need to resort to your parents to buy you things... well, get a job and save some money for about 5 months and you can easily get a system like this one. One last word for you brother, stop crying like a little bitch and believe it.

You should talk to deep, you two will like each other.

I suggest the obvious:
'buttsex'

P.S.
Flood Protection + Pop-up = dissapearing text. #%&@!

I suggest the obvious:
'buttsex'

P.S.
Flood Protection + Pop-up = dissapearing text. #%&@!

It's been said soo many times what to do to get rid of that pop up without any pop up stoppers.

ok, who hugged dan's head too tight again?

ok let me try this again:
YOU CAN GET RID OF POP UPS WITHOUT THE USE OF POP UP STOPPERS!