Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deertag

probably noob question

I'm currently working on a Doom2 map using Doombuilder2. I originally set the map preferences to ZDoom in Doom format. After getting pretty far into making my map, I'd like to change that setting to ZDoom in Hexen format

There in lies my problem. If I click on the ZDoom in Hexen format before loading my map, the map number selection disappears and I can't load the map. It also won't allow me to type in a new map number in the blank field.

While I'm thinking of it, where in Doombuilder2 do I go to open lump files? Looking to edit a ANIMDEFS file.

Thanks for any and all help.

Deertag said:

If I click on the ZDoom in Hexen format before loading my map, the map number selection disappears and I can't load the map. It also won't allow me to type in a new map number in the blank field.

You can't do it like that; you have to actually convert the map with another tool. When you change the map type to "ZDoom in Hexen" before loading the map, you're not converting it, but just telling Doom Builder to load a Hexen format map. Since there are none in the wad, it won't display any in the map selection box. I think you'll want the program described here, but if not, I'm sure someone will be along shortly with a link to what you need.

While I'm thinking of it, where in Doombuilder2 do I go to open lump files? Looking to edit a ANIMDEFS file.

Doom Builder isn't designed to edit ANIMDEFS. For better lump editing all around I'd recommend SLADE 3. You might be able to use the Doom Builder script editor (hotkey = F10, I believe) to set up an ANIMDEFS lump, but I doubt it, and I'd still recommend that you grab SLADE.

Is it viable to start two copies of DB2, open your wad in one and make a new hexen format wad in the other then copy paste the geometry + things from your old one into the new one?

I really wouldn't recommend that, but you can give it a shot if you want. Have you tried ZWADCONV yet? It's designed for exactly what you want to do.

I'd actually recommend that you use UDMF instead of Hexen format, and if you do so, there's this tool for you as well.

Thanks for the reply and help. I'll be sure to check out those suggested programs over the weekend.

xvertigox said:

Is it viable to start two copies of DB2, open your wad in one and make a new hexen format wad in the other then copy paste the geometry + things from your old one into the new one?

If he did that, I'm pretty sure he would have to change all the action linedefs because the codes arent the same in the different formats. Which could be really tedious