Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was rapid firing the "random file" button on the archive, and this map from 1995 came up. It's your typical '95 map, except it has a lot of height variation. And I mean a lot of height variation. In fact the only thing that kept me playing this was the variation in height, as there isn't a whole lot of detail in the level. Considering it's age it's a kind of interesting level, maybe some of you will like it.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=1339

Stairs: the map. It's pretty bad - extremely easy, almost no detail, bad texturing/misalignments but it does have some interesting architecture. It's fun to play through for a laugh and for the enjoyment of playing old maps.

xvertigox said:

Stairs: the map. It's pretty bad - extremely easy, almost no detail, bad texturing/misalignments but it does have some interesting architecture. It's fun to play through for a laugh and for the enjoyment of playing old maps.

Agreed.

Hehe, I like it. Very segmented and room-y, and texturing is rather... fitting to the description, I suppose, but it was still neat. Go Go Vertigo!

I really enjoyed this. It may be weird, but going up these huge stairs all the time kept me motivated for some reason and gave me the feeling of really progressing further. On the other hand, going down stairs kinda sucked because of that. Its something psychological, I think. bla

Made me think about making a wad that takes place in some gigantic tower and in every level you have to go up a huge amount of really high stairs to reach the exit. Totally not original, but this wad made me want to play something like that. Maybe there could be outside areas where you can really see how high you climbed already.

very interesting map how ever some re texturing and allining and maybe some additional detail would have made it an awesome map!

Nifty map idea. I died in the pit 'o monsters (invuln was already worn off by then). Next time I'll jump in with the BFG...