Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dsm

For those of you interested in fanart - My drawing

Cool. His feet are a bit stumpy, but I've never been that good at feet anyway, so I shouldn't be complaining...

should get a 9 in my opinion, only because of little things like the head bing slightly too small and stuff like that.

still, those are minot mistakes, I like it a lot.

The head is too small???
/Me looks at drawing again

Actually, I was worried that the head might be too big.

my art teacher said the head should be able to fit in the body about 6 times, wait... shit, nm, it's this damn resolution, makes things look distorted.

Well I can't draw for shit, as you know dsm I write, that's my art, but I think this is awesome. That look on his face, it reminds me so much of Doomguy.

This should be pic of the day...

Have you ever thought about combining your artwork and your stories into a kind of complete experience, or maybe doing some (less detailed) illustrations for some of the other fan fiction contributions? If Ling enabled images in that forum, it could be, well, fantastic...

Awesome...and like Pritch, a kindergartener draws better than I.

If it only wasn't at such a high resolution, I might like it better.

I dunno how to judge that relative to my own ability, considering I only draw cartoons :p

Looks nice, though. I approve.

Have you ever thought about combining your artwork and your stories into a kind of complete experience, or maybe doing some (less detailed) illustrations for some of the other fan fiction contributions? If Ling enabled images in that forum, it could be, well, fantastic...

Hmm, not a bad idea, except that I really don't draw that often. This drawing took me months to do, because I only worked on it on a rare occasion when I felt like it (if I made drawings every day, I would be so much better, because of the experience one gets from drawing).
Btw, why should drawings for the fanfiction be less detailed?

Cool stuff, but make sure you dont get kicked out of school :P

Heheh, no such problem. I did lots such drawings at school when I was younger and all I got was congratulations from people around me - my school wasn't too retarded :-)
And now I keep my drawings locked away in a drawer. Never show them to anyone who isn't interested.

I would gladly submit more drawings (when I've done some more), but I'm afraid that it would be diffcult, seeing as I don't own a scanner (yet) - I was lucky to get this drawing scanned in the first place.

dsm, that's one good-looking drawing. I don't think the head is too small; I think it's just that the body looks to big because of all the armor. Great stuff.

My drawing on paper is hit and miss, but I've been having fun lately screwing with Photoshop and good ol' MS Paint. This sad Mario for example. Oh, and here's a little concept art for a fighting game me and some other guys were thinking about doing.

MWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAhahahahHAHAHah

Flathead's fighting game concept, I mean. ;)

Very nice drawing, dsm. And no, the head's right, it's just that the armor's bulky in a comics-style (something I do like btw).

As most of you can see, I made the armour after the armour that the marine wears in the Macworld video, only I made it a *tad* more bulky and used my imagination a bit to add a few features.

Flathead: Your fighting game concept rocks, lol. I hope you win the tournament :-)

It's a military shave haircut.
Have you seen the macworld video sleepy?

Btw, thanks for all the feedback everyone :-)

Damm dsm, nice picture! Sweet piece of work.

And Flathead, Mario looks slightly drunk in your picture...heh heh heh...now that would be a weird arse game...Mario Gets Drunk!

And I thought you were holding a can of Dr. Pope...until I looked closer...damm tiredness, makes you see things...

Heh. I have a friend who is obsessed with Dr. Pepper. His refrigerater is always full of it...literaly. And if he doesn't get his daily quota, he goes crazy. And if you mock Dr. Pepper in any way, he'll kill you. Heh...reminds me of when I was a cream soda addict.

Heh. I have a friend who is obsessed with Dr. Pepper.

Sounds like Flathead actually. Apparently he always has a can of that next to him when he logs on AIM.

I see you used Q3:TA's chaingun as reference.

Uhh no, I used the original Doom chaingun as a reference, but added lot and lots of additional details.
Hell, I don't even KNOW how excactly the Q3A:TA chaingun looks like except that it's basically another motorbike-sized weapon.

Hmm, I remember seing screenshots of characters in TA holding the chaingun - it looked like it was as big as the rocket launcher.

The fact that the chaingun in my drawing looks more like TA's chaingun than the actual Doom chaingun must be some sort of wicked coincidence :-(