Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Normal railings using existing textures

In my last upload named Hellbrary, I had the issue of MIDGRATE bleeding into the floor under software rendering but does not show under hardware and looks normal.

Is there a way to make it not show up all fucked up for those who prefer software rendering?

Assuming that the railing splits the offending area into two sectors, a quick way to fix this is to change the light level on one side of the railing (even by a single light unit).

I believe this works because it stops the renderer from treating the whole area as a single visplane, but I'm not sure how technically accurate that is.

I think I have found the way, it involves making very thin sectors that have a lower floor, putting the midgrate in the middle and adjusting the Y offsets. It looks perfect under software more now.

Mithran Denizen said:

Assuming that the railing splits the offending area into two sectors, a quick way to fix this is to change the light level on one side of the railing (even by a single light unit).

I believe this works because it stops the renderer from treating the whole area as a single visplane, but I'm not sure how technically accurate that is.

I thought I told this to Chris.