Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

half-life outrage

Half life ruled because of its level design, most of the weapons were corny, but no worse than quake 2, a game VASTLY INFERIOR to half life

Sanrks rock

quake 2, a game VASTLY INFERIOR to half life

DHJFKNEUFNCIWFHEKAJDS! Nooo! WTF...how dare you!

quake 2, a game VASTLY INFERIOR to half life

DHJFKNEUFNCIWFHEKAJDS! Nooo! WTF...how dare you!

Quake 2 is better than Half Life. Quake 2 is boring and Half Life is negative fun.

Weren't you the one who said he never played Quake 2?

I got the demo. Feel free to tell me if it's not an accurate representation of the game.

Half life ruled because of its level design, most of the weapons were corny, but no worse than quake 2, a game VASTLY INFERIOR to half life

Yes, Quake II was vastly inferior to Half-Lifes waiting around, stupid talking and blah, gay action. Yeah, Half-Life owns Quake II

Sanrks rock

I don't know what the fuck a Sanrk is but I guess it is something that rocks...I myself prefer Snarks...

All the awards always go to games that are one-play wonders like Half-Life or Max Payne. I can't even fathom Max Payne winning all of those Goddamn awards. Sure, it's a great game... the first time you play through it.

I still have not been able to force myself to play through Max Payne a second time. The boring assed level design, the enemies that just stand there, run or zigzag (towards or away from you), those absofuckinglutely horrible jump puzzle levels, the storyline breaking "You're in a video game!" comment, and of course, the fact that at the end of the game everyone takes three to four point blank shotgun blasts to the face to kill (or six Commando headshots).

The terrible edits of that actor into game environments for those comic strips... the monotone voice acting and he sounds like he's taking a shit the way he's exhaling...

AND OF COURSE the fact that the gameplay is focused around a MOVIE GIMMICK that was stolen from Shrek that was stolen from Scary Movie that was stolen from Matrix that was stolen from Blade. They just managed to grab that horse and drive it's face straight into the pavement at 900mph didn't they?

Paying $50 for a single run through is asking a bit much, Remedy owes my ass.

If you have not yet bought a copy of Max Payne, DON'T DO IT. You can beat it in a fucking afternoon. Rent it for your PS2 or X-Box instead. Even better, P1R8 it. Remedy has made far too much money off of this horse, let's not let them Valve it.

I don't think I'll ever play Max Payne. Probably because I prefer my games to move fast and not all of a sudden go into "bullet time" or whatever...

Yeah, Max Payne was fun for about three seconds, and then it got old. Here's another game that sucks more than a chinese prostitute: Crash Bandicoot Racing. It was like Mario Kart, only it sucked and was about as much fun as being molested by your uncle. The driving was slow. The point of a racing game is speed. And the weapons/items... There's another thing that pisses me off. Don't get me wrong, a racing game doesn't need power ups to be fun, but if they're there they ought to not suck. Finally, the levels were short and there was only a few of them. Anyway.... yeah.... it sucked.

Max payne should be rewarded as "game of the week" instead.
it's fun for one week (even worse,one day)it has no replay value.even minesweeper still have more replay value than max payne and it's FREE!.i won't try harder difficulty except the game i'm really getting into it (DOOM,UT) this game is good but not worth the full bucks,like deadnail said rent it or borrow it from someone.

[edit]why max payne is bad,see deadnail's post[/edit]

Here's another game that sucks more than a chinese prostitute: Crash Bandicoot Racing.

And American prostitutes don't suck?

It was like Mario Kart, only it sucked and was about as much fun as being molested by your uncle.

Some people might enjoy this. No, not the game, the molesting uncle part.

The driving was slow. The point of a racing game is speed. And the weapons/items... There's another thing that pisses me off. Don't get me wrong, a racing game doesn't need power ups to be fun, but if they're there they ought to not suck. Finally, the levels were short and there was only a few of them. Anyway.... yeah.... it sucked.

Are you sure the game sucked? Maybe it licked

All the awards always go to games that are one-play wonders like Half-Life or Max Payne.

Thats because the people who review games spend a week on one game, review it, and move onto the next. That kinda makes the whole reviewing system bullcrap...

Are you sure the game sucked? Maybe it licked

It's possible.

I'm glad you agree. Personally, I prefer Mario Kart for the SNES...

quote:
Free LAN? $*#&@! I have to play $6 an hour...or $10 for 3 hours, if it's a tourney...

this way of quoting is so much easier. sorry. I play free lan at Uni with some guys on friday. TFC. It's great.

quote:
Free LAN? $*#&@! I have to play $6 an hour...or $10 for 3 hours, if it's a tourney...

this way of quoting is so much easier. sorry. I play free lan at Uni with some guys on friday. TFC. It's great.

There is a quote button you know. Another way to do it is to use the quote BB code which is [.quote][./quote] WITHOUT the periods. If you are still confused about the BB code tags consult the F.A.Q. which I have so kindly supplied an URL to. If you STILL don't grasp the BB code tags even after reading the F.A.Q. you could ask me in an IM or on AIM. Don't try ICQ, I am hardly ever on ICQ.

yeah, i understand the bbcode, and i found the FAQ that's around like a week ago, but i stil find it easier to just type quote: and paste. i think,,,, ok, well thanx

yeah, i understand the bbcode, and i found the FAQ that's around like a week ago, but i stil find it easier to just type quote: and paste. i think,,,, ok, well thanx

So pressing a button and typing a reply is complicated?

So pressing a button and typing a reply is complicated?

You'd think it'd be less complicated.

BBG's Pimpmethud:
•Click reply
•Type reply and hit the 'Submit Reply' button

The less complicated method:
•Highlight and control+c the text you want to reply too
•Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click reply
•Paste the text you want to reply to, type reply, then hit the 'Submit Reply' button

Yeah I guess it is pretty open and close.

yeah, I missed the button part, but still just typing it is easier than bb code. "Damn, YOu think Squashfoot'd get it all straight."

yeah, I missed the button part, but still just typing it is easier than bb code. "Damn, YOu think Squashfoot'd get it all straight."

You can type the BB code AROUND what you copy and pasted ya know?

know?

See?

Half Life single player sucks.

I think it was a perfect balance of arcade-style action with involving story- not doom level arcade; not deus-ex level story.

Half Life multiplayer is terrible beyond human comprehension, just like the 31337 twelve year old 'h4><0rs' who regularly play and enjoy it.

It seems to be in a sorry state nowerdays. Prior to the gigantic TFC patches (I'm talking years ago) v 1.0.1.5 or something (maybe earlier, I can't remember) I had some GREAT time with old-school doomers in halflife.

When I say old-school doomers I don't mean current doomers, I mean people who moved on.

We had some fantastic fun and I kept in touch with them and played some mad games- hell, HLDM technique is like a dance, its crazy. Alas, a bad thing happened to one of my friends and the scene died away.

Fuck Half-Life and the 10 year olds that play it

..says doomworld's resident mr. maturity.

one-play wonders like Half-Life..

I'm either on my third or fourth replay- I play games very very slowly nowerdays however.

I'll tell you what I don't like about the halflife mod scene - gamespy have completely swallowed it up. The old map review site radium has gone for good, the modern review sites don't have a good backlog (no lost village! no gasworks!); you are supposed to use that STUPID fileplanet for everything, what on earth happened to the planet HL alternatives? Its nasty. We have a reasonably central repository FTP for our doom stuff where nearly everything is, and we are very, very lucky for that.

Fuck Half-Life and the 10 year olds that play it.

I'm older then you and I love it.

All the awards always go to games that are one-play wonders like Half-Life or Max Payne. I can't even fathom Max Payne winning all of those Goddamn awards. Sure, it's a great game... the first time you play through it.

I just got it a two months ago and I've finshed it three times, including opposing force. I still love it! and i'll almost certenly finish it again.

Yeh , well you suck in fact, I didn't think someone could both suck and blow at the same time, but you do :)

DON'T USE THE COMMIE PIC YOU FUCKING NAZI MAN WHORE!! DELETE HIM! DELETE HIM NOW!!The red army is taking names my son.