Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomgirl

Anyone here played Turok(Xbox 360)?

I got an Xbox 360 FINALLY! My sister bought Turok because it was cheap and we've already played the xbox one. I thought it was really fun and I liked how realistic it was and how smart the AI was. Only thing was, it took like 5 hours to finish. Maybe less. So have you guys played it? If so, what's your opinion? :D

Man, I have it but on PS3, heh heh. It was pretty good, one of the first games I got when I got my PS3. I dont play it too often, though...if at all.

The one on original xbox was horrid.

The PC and N64 ones were the best, you should try those if you have not already.

I played it for an hour, and while it wasn't amazing, I enjoyed myself; probably because I'm a sucker for the "alien jungle planet" setting. I never went back to it, though I watched a friend play through some parts with a scripted T. Rex, which looked sort of cool, possibly because I'm also a sucker for large dinosaur enemies. I'll eventually pick it back out of the closet just to run through it at least once, even if it obviously can't compare with the charm of the first three N64 games.

With the ambiguous ending in Turok 3, I've been holding out some hope for a proper sequel to that, though I doubt I'll ever see one. But hey, if Duke Nukem Forever actually got released in my lifetime, nothing is impossible, right?

Running around hunting dinos with a knife and a bow was manly as hell. It drives home the point that dinosaur games need to make a comeback.

I actually bought the PC version of this game for $5 and still felt ripped off. It's probably one of the worst shooters I've played since Unreal 2 and exemplifies everything wrong with modern shooters.

Snarboo said:

I actually bought the PC version of this game for $5 and still felt ripped off. It's probably one of the worst shooters I've played since Unreal 2 and exemplifies everything wrong with modern shooters.

Pretty much this. What really annoyed me is that they took what was essentially a fairly unique story line and turned it into your average "Space marine looking for revenge". I still can't figure out why they would even think about doing that. Come to think about it, why did they even turn Turok into a space marine in the first place?

[QUOTE]Craigs said:

Pretty much this. What really annoyed me is that they took what was essentially a fairly unique story line and turned it into your average "Space marine looking for revenge". I still can't figure out why they would even think about doing that. Come to think about it, why did they even turn Turok into a space marine in the first place?
[/QUOTE

Yeah, I agree with this. I thought the plot was really lazy, centered on silly flashbacks and Slade acting all butthurt all the time. Maybe that's why the story barely lasted 5 hours. I think they should've stuck with the original plot of the comic.

Cyanosis said:

Turok: Dinosaur Hunter

That is all.

Word.

I skipped the 2008 reboot (if you can call it that) because I heard it was god awful. Not being the biggest Turok fan in the world besides the 1997 N64 game I didn't feel I was missing anything.

I played the demo on the Xbox 360 years ago and it was boring as balls from what I remember.

Philnemba said:

I played the demo on the Xbox 360 years ago and it was boring as balls from what I remember.

Balls do not have to be boring, Phil.

DoomUK said:

I skipped the 2008 reboot (if you can call it that) because I heard it was god awful.

Turok 2008 is basically the very example of what's wrong with today's first person shooters. Every single modern shooter cliche is right there in the game. You've got your two weapon limit, your regenerating health, your typical Call of Duty shit AI, overwhelming amounts of quick time events (The fights with dinosaurs tend to be 90% quick time events due to the fact that most of their attacks initialize them), a boring and tired story line, uninspired and completely unoriginal character and weapon design, and not a single interesting or original weapon.

Craigs said:

unoriginal character and weapon design, and not a single interesting or original weapon.

Considering the Turok franchise had some of the most bad-ass weapons found in a shooter. Turok blew we away with it's intense, kick-ass arsenal. And let's not forget the cerebral-bore.