Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nanite10

Couple of Questions . . .

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I have been back to the forums lately, but I have a couple of questions for you all. I recently bought the Doom Collector's Edition. (I didn't have the original DOOM.) My question is am I able to run it/install it to DOS? Thank you for any replies.

My New Rig:
Pentium 200 MHz MMX CPU
ECS Motherboard
32 MB EDO DIMM RAM
Voodoo 3 2000 PCI
Sound Blaster 16 ISA
10 MBPS ISA Network Card

I recently bought the Doom Collector's Edition. My question is am I able to run it/install it to DOS? Thank you for any replies.

Nope, no matter what the specs are for that that system, absolute minimum requirement for that is Win95, because it comes with Doom95 (and no, there is no DOS only version of it unlike the Hexen95 CD).

I have heard that you can just use the shareware dos exe with the Iwad. thus, you have the game in dos mode.
:)
but, I recommend getting PrBoom2.2.2 for windows and just use that.
if you really want a dos app. get Boom2.02.
gl

I recently bought the Doom Collector's Edition. My question is am I able to run it/install it to DOS? Thank you for any replies.

Nope, no matter what the specs are for that that system, absolute minimum requirement for that is Win95, because it comes with Doom95 (and no, there is no DOS only version of it unlike the Hexen95 CD).

fuck that, use a dos source port.

If you wanna play DOOM in DOS, Get Final DOOM 1.9 EXE or BOOM 2.02. Them will run all WADs. The 1.9 EXE which comes with Shareware DOOM won't run Final DOOM and probably not Ultimate too.