Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lucius

New DarkXL/DaggerXL Release

As I've mentioned before, DarkXL and DaggerXL have been in the process of merging - becoming a part of the XL Engine. This is not complete but I have put up a new release that contains DaggerXL version 0.199 and DarkXL Build 9.50.

If you want to read more about it, you can visit the blog and read about the release.

Or go straight to the Downloads page and check it out.

Got DarkXL up and running with no problems at all. Seems nice so far.

I'll get round to reinstalling Daggerfall at some point.

There is a new blog post which talks about the engine merger, multi-platform support and the level editor. You can read about it on the blog.

Huh, my mom has had a copy of Daggerfall sitting around that we've never been able to load.

Yes. Daggerfall probably runs better in DOSbox than it ever did on DOS, as long as you have a reasonably fast computer. I had it playable in DOSbox on Linux on a 1 GHz Pentium III laptop.

The XL Engine is looking more and more awesome all the time. Heavily modded DaggerXL is going to be as exciting as heavily modded Oblivion. :D

I have been updating the blog as the XL Engine merger progresses. I have also updated the status of the source code release.

Relevant blog entries:
Annoying Little Things - the various annoying problems that will be addressed by the merger.

Merger Update - talks about the plugin/game system and source code releases.

Merger Update 2 - talks about the console, UI/gameflow scripting and general merger progress.

There have been two additional merger updates on the blog. These talk about progress on the merger build, changes and new features going into the build and post-merger plans.