Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NoneeLlama

2 new maps I made

Hey guys, I wanna share 2 maps I made.
These were actually completed a long time ago, but I was aiming for an episode replacement or sorts before releasing them, but seeing how slow I am with making maps, I decided to release these as they are now.
Both are vanilla compatible, so it should run fine with any port.
Please excuse the horribly unimaginative names for the maps.

1. Abandoned Mansion
Your typical scary house with a nice little garden, a graveyard, and a portal to hell. Uses map slot MAP21
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?oqxqq1wx8feqgdf
Screenshots:

2. Another Refinery
Yout typical UD Ep1 insipred UAC base (but with Doom II monsters and stuff).
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?oa9wdjt9sywzy6f
Screenshots:

Screenshots were taken using Chocolate Doom. Maybe not the best idea, but whatever.

Are those your first maps? They're really good, pretty hard though. The revenants destroyed me after I killed the hell knights because I ran out of ammo. I'm talking about the Abandoned Mansion by the way.

They aren't my first, but I'm still a beginner mapper.

Yeah, I usually make UV pretty hard, so it has just enough ammo to kill all baddies.
Also:

Spoiler

Wich room did you go in first after you entered the mansion? The left or right one? Because if you entered the right, maybe that's why you ran out of ammo, maybe I should put some more there.

NoneeLlama said:

Wich room did you go in first after you entered the mansion? The left or right one? Because if you entered the right, maybe that's why you ran out of ammo, maybe I should put some more there.

Hmmm, I can't remember exactly, but it was the one full of Hell Knights and Reverants. It contained a super shotgun but when I picked up all the shells, I only had 24. I believe there were 5 Hell Knights and 3 Reverants. I might be wrong but there was still more shells needed.

That Abandoned Mansion map is pretty badass. It has a perfect level of detail, and hit the nail on the head in terms of great gameplay as well. :)

Memfis said:

Nice maps. I recorded my playthrough, you can grab the demos here - http://www.mediafire.com/?j8wmddn55si4634

Thank you!
Man, you didn't find any of the secrets. What a shame! But you still made it through them, so I guess it's okay. :)
Also, it was funny to see how you jumped over to the blue key in the Refinery map. I thought I placed that platform just far enough that you couldn't do it.

Odd-o-matic said:

Hmmm, I can't remember exactly, but it was the one full of Hell Knights and Reverants. It contained a super shotgun but when I picked up all the shells, I only had 24. I believe there were 5 Hell Knights and 3 Reverants. I might be wrong but there was still more shells needed.

Hmm, seems like you didn't find the rocket launcher out in the garden. I actually didn't thought about what will happen, if you don't find it.

DeathevokatioN said:

That Abandoned Mansion map is pretty badass. It has a perfect level of detail, and hit the nail on the head in terms of great gameplay as well. :)

Thank you!

The ammount of pick-ups in the techbase map is better than in the mansion one. There are too much medikits around in the final area and the megasphere is also unnecessary since it's easy to get the monsters to fight eachother and to evade their attacks. The other thing I didn't like about the map was the extremly loud midi file you used. However, both maps are of equal quality and I liked playing them.

Thanks for the reply!

I tweaked the maps a bit (rebalanced the ammo on the Abandoned Mansion slightly, and on the Another Refirery I moved the blue key platform a bit, plus changed a secret a bit (so it's easier to open). I also subbmited the maps to /idgames.