Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
T-Rex

007 Licence to Spell Doom

I'm stuck in the part of E4M3 where after obtaining the red key, you need to open the gates in order to gain access to the docks and the red key buildings. Somebody help me? I searched all over the place for a switch or whatever to open those gates, and there aren't any clues to what to do next after getting the red key.

Looks like you have to get the blue key, and use it to open a locked door containing some explosives. Then walk up to the gate.

Spoiler

The blue key is inside the green warehouse, and the room with the explosives is inside the yellow warehouse, down the large square lift in the southwest corner of the building.

Mithran Denizen said:

Try the upper office in the blue warehouse.

Problem: the blue lasers.

Looking at the map and its scripts, it seems like you have to pull a green power cell out of a slot in that room's basement, and rush back up to the lasers before the power returns. It also looks like you only have one shot at this, but I might be missing something.

When I played this some years ago, I think I missed the only chance to disable the lasers, so I just IDSPISPOPD into there and nabbed the green key. Again, there might be some other way to turn off the lasers that I missed, though.

Thanks. That really helped. You have to steal the power cell in the blue warehouse bunker, then rush all the way up to the office where the green key is before the power goes back on. Once you obtain the green key, you switch off the lasers. If you don't reach the office in time, you'll have to restart the level. I don't think using the clip cheat would help, because a lot of the scripting helps you to progress. Man, talk about a Guide Dang It moment, because the objectives never mentioned anything about finding a way to reach the office.

Alright! I beat 007 Licence to Spell Doom. Levels looked great, and some interesting features here and there, but damn, are they so big! It's ranks up there with Eternal Doom! I managed to get 100% secrets in most maps, yet I can't reach the secret near the blue key doors in E4M5, the secret with the author's initials (easter egg) in E4M6, and the secret with some goodies in the central area in E4M7. I tried every possible way to uncover them, but to no avail.

Ok, I managed to find the central area secret in E4M7 and the solve the console puzzle which reveals the easter egg secret in E4M6. Still, I don't know how to get that secret near the blue key doors in E4M5. Anybody know how? It's a hidden door near the small vat of slime in the upper floor, east side of the map.

Looks like the secret door you describe opens when you cross through a sloped SHAWN2-textured passage around the corner. This passage is in the same hall as the secret door, south past the blue doors, and it acts as a chute into a slime trench. Across the trench is a view into a room that opens up to the docks with a large shutter door.

I'll give that a try. Thanks. That wad is loaded with puzzles, almost as much as Eternal Doom.

Alright! I managed to get all 100% secrets in all the maps of 007 Licence to Spell Doom. Great megawad, but so many puzzles and switch hunting, so it requires a lot of brainwork and patience to go through the maps. Props to Ultimate Doomer for creating 007 Licence to Spell Doom. It's one of his best wads aside from Fragport and Super Sonic Doom.