Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

*sigh*....will aol lamers never die?

I mean, just look at this shot I made a few minutes ago while in a chat room. Can't you just see exactly HOW they are so lame? "Holla", "wanna see my pic?", stuff like that.

AOL = the work of the Devil

[edit]To get this DOOM related, every time I mention that I play DOOM in a chat room, they either say that I'm a "fucked up dude who plays gay games" or just an "old-skool gamer".

BTW, would anybody like to see my new profile? :)[/edit]

j00 4r3 4 1337 H4x0r? w0w!

Heh, I'll see if I can find an AIM chat now about a video game and mention that I play Doom :p

To get this DOOM related, every time I mention that I play DOOM in a chat room, they either say that I'm a "fucked up dude who plays gay games" or just an "old-skool gamer".

/Me heads for chat room with chaingun fully loaded

Well indeed DOOM players are a minority, and for that very reason they can be called "freaks". Afterall it's all about percentages...

Well indeed DOOM players are a minority, and for that very reason they can be called "freaks". Afterall it's all about percentages...

We could be the Daikatana community :p. Just head over to the planetdaikatana board.

It's kinda sad, really, most people who are still rampantly bashing Daikatana don't even know the game past the first demo level, they're just jumping on the bandwagon. Daikatana is a great fucking game (maybe I'll post a review sometime like with halflife) once you get into it. I've already played the demo 4 times through without getting bored.

I've already played the demo 4 times through without getting bored.

The demo's better than the whole game. It does have a little Heretic/Hexen feel, right? I love that, but the mechanics get old quick. There's no pleasure in the killing as soon as you play more than one level per episode. It gets really tedious. At least there are some interesting concepts in the level design, and some of the art rules.

Multiplayer is a lot of fun.

The demo's better than the whole game.

I do plan on hunting out the full version nevertheless. I don't feel as though I could possibly consider 5-10 dollars on it a waste even if I find the entire rest of the game terrible.

It does have a little Heretic/Hexen feel, right?

Yeah, I noticed that too, actually.

Not surprising considering Romero produced those games in order to express himself beyond id's artistic limitations.

Not surprising considering Romero produced those games in order to express himself beyond id's artistic limitations.

And I'm glad he did. Romero still kicks ass, the anti-daikatana bandwagon can all go to hell.

iD hasn't done anything entertaining since Doom. The game's design and gameplay innovation may be 1% of actually completing a game within a reasonable timeframe or at all, but in the end the 'design' is the deciding factor in whether or not I will enjoy the game.

to be fair, Crendo, it was you being probably the most lame :)

uh, yes..

BURN IT. BURN IT NOW.

To get this DOOM related, every time I mention that I play DOOM in a chat room, they either say that I'm a "fucked up dude who plays gay games" or just an "old-skool gamer".

How is being an old-skool gamer bad? Wear the title with pride!

I mean, just look at this shot I made a few minutes ago while in a chat room. Can't you just see exactly HOW they are so lame? "Holla", "wanna see my pic?", stuff like that.

AOL = the work of the Devil

[edit]To get this DOOM related, every time I mention that I play DOOM in a chat room, they either say that I'm a "fucked up dude who plays gay games" or just an "old-skool gamer".

BTW, would anybody like to see my new profile? :)[/edit]

What the hell are YOU doing in that chatroom, though?

What the hell are YOU doing in that chatroom, though?

Well, gotta be IN the room to take the shot :) Plus they're the only chat rooms I ever go to. Meh.

Oh, and Pritch, you can die now.

Archvile.....AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

BTW, I wasn't expecting this many replies :)

speaking of AOL, I added "Osama Bin Laden" to my buddy list today, and after I reconnected my whole buddy list was blank, but the people online still showed up. HTE INTERWEB FBI IS ON ME!!!

There probably isn't even a Pittsburgh chat room. We're way too cool for shit like AOL.

HTE

Hmm, that's a new one.

There probably isn't even a Pittsburgh chat room. We're way too cool for shit like AOL.

Be prepared to kill yourself...there is one.

Should we pity you or laugh at you?

Laugh at me, please. I won't mind. In fact, I deserve it for being on AOL (which I can't help at the moment) :)

Crendowing: Yeah, I understand your point, however, the point is not just focused on blaming on the AOL. Those people who act like that on AIM aren't the ones that I've seen. I've been in the similiar kind of situation on MSN, also. I'm sure there must be more people out there hanging out at other chatting services. And they DO those cheesy stuff all the time. By the way, I hate people calling you/whoever plays doom names. Doom is still the best/a damn fine game and we all know that. Hehe, actually I have never used those aol chatting features even though I've been on AOL over a year already.

Be prepared to kill yourself...there is one.

Cren: 1 - AV46: 0 (courtesy of Diluteco)

Thanks DiluteCo! CHEESE WHIZ!