Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rambosee

The most fun boss of all time

In opinion, in the games that you PLAYED (if you have never played it, don't mention it!), what do you think is the most funnest of all time? Explain why and post a screenshot of the enemy IF possible!

My choice?
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqJ4D4fj5wrtIZckeRykXMvmVxE3ZUV0UxhcJktoPeZyfRHtxKDA

Ugh Zan

Why do i pick this boss? To me, the serious sam series always appealed to me as one of the best and action packed, even the HD remakes. This boss requires strategy to win, by getting the monster into the middle and activating the laser in time, also having to know when to fire at him and when to not. The adrenaline of the boss battle is very big, and since I am a big sucker for good music in games, i loved this boss fully.

Your turn!

The last time I had a fun boss was in Uncharted 2. You're running around a small arena with a near-invincible enemy chasing you the whole time. You have to shoot explosive plants (long story) which barely slow him down. After so many hits he starts throwing grenades by the dozen. It gets pretty hectic.

I also liked the end of Heavy Rain. Yeah, people call it "Timed Events: The Game" but there are a lot of intense moments.

I remember the bosses in Chasm provided some fun fights back when I first played it. You couldn't kill any of them by simply shooting them until they died, and they used concepts that were still somewhat fresh for the time. Also the lightsaber bosses in jedi outcast and acadamy were fun the first time I fought them, but that was before I knew how to perform the cheap moves that the game had to offer.

This'll sound kind of silly, but to be completely honest, my favorite boss ever was Andross in Star Fox 64. I might have only been 10 when I first saw him, but that shit was scarier than anything I'd seen in a game up to that point (even Quake couldn't beat that, according to my 10-year-old brain), and also finally beating him an hour later...geez!

And that wasn't even the "true" form, that was just the first half of the boss that you can fight if you didn't take the "hard" path through the game. =P

Rambosee said:

In opinion, in the games that you PLAYED (if you have never played it, don't mention it!), what do you think is the most funnest of all time? Explain why and post a screenshot of the enemy IF possible!

My choice?
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqJ4D4fj5wrtIZckeRykXMvmVxE3ZUV0UxhcJktoPeZyfRHtxKDA

Ugh Zan

Why do i pick this boss? To me, the serious sam series always appealed to me as one of the best and action packed, even the HD remakes. This boss requires strategy to win, by getting the monster into the middle and activating the laser in time, also having to know when to fire at him and when to not. The adrenaline of the boss battle is very big, and since I am a big sucker for good music in games, i loved this boss fully.

Your turn!

WOW! I was gonna say the same guy. He's immortal! And made me crap my pants.

I like all bosses from any game.
Boos fights are great-

like the stalkers from resistance, I replayed levels with them constantly.

General Fat Face from wolfenstein is one of my favs as well. The two hands in Super Mario 64 was fun. I have alot, actually. Cant dull it down to just one.
Just...big enemies=more fun.

I can't think of any boss that I'd consider most fun, but the first game that comes to mind is Ninja Gaiden Black. I'm not sure why, but I love pretty much every single boss fight in that game, even the retarded ones.

Here are the first two random shots of its bosses I can find, though shots of the main character's doppleganger, the red horse-mounted samurai, the obese cyborg, the military tanks, and the building-sized bone dragon (among others) would also be here if I weren't so lazy.

http://guide2games.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/ninja-gaiden.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vu8cR1yf1Uo/RvoHULXSnII/AAAAAAAAAD8/r9I-ZF-exUE/S660/Alma+1.bmp

I loved all the old school pattern recognition bosses in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and their attendant unique death animations.

Beating all the forms of Lavos in Chrono Trigger was epic and satisfying, since its menace had grown clearer and greater throughout the game.

Given where we are, can't forget the first time you saw (and were probably instantly killed by) that first Cyberdemon. "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-"

Edit: And Shadow of the Colossus, a game composed of ONLY bosses. Wish they'd make a game like that again.

Gaius, the third encounter from Shadow of the Colossus, stands out for me. He was impressively huge and not too frustrating to fight.

-Master Hand from SSBM
-Black Bull from F-Zero GX. Fuck you, you fucking shithead cuntflapping dicksucking turd.
-The End from MGS3.

Mr. Freeze said:

-The End from MGS3.

I would say a bunch of bosses from MGS deserve to be here for me. The End and Boss from MGS3, Psycho Mantis and Liquid Snake in MGS, The Metal Gear Battle in MGS4. In addition, any Castlevania game where you know Death is in it, you know he is there and it's only a matter of time before you fight him.

I really like fighting this guy from Streets of Rage 2.

So many good ones. Ones off the top of my head:

Giygas

Magus (you can get him to join your party later on in the game)

Lavos (not going to post all three forms)

Magi Master

Ghost Train (you can win the battle instantly by using a Fenix Down on it)

Kintaro

Shao Kahn

OG Shang Tsung

Joe Head Joe

Everything in Contra III is overly, exceedingly, abundantly, above and beyond fun and entertaining. Contra Hard Corps as well for being a "hard core" boss rush monster of a game. Oh, and Contra Shattered Soldier...ITS ALL SO MANLY.

Contra 3 is a true classic. Hard Corps was too much though IMO, I could never really get into it.

PS Kintaro was a motherfucker, compared to him Shao Kahn was easy. Same with Goro from MK1

Star Fox 64 has some fun bosses. My favorite's the Star Wolf battles, mainly the one in Venom 2 because Fortuna (Fichina) is too easy and it scores too low. I've never had a problem with the one in Venom 2, it's just fun flipping and turning all around, getting behind one and unloading it full of laser. Mechbeth is fun too, the explosion at the end if you flip the switches is so fun. Though the normal way can give more hits. The 3DS remake looks really good, but I'm stalling and waiting for a redesign of the system and/or Game Freak moving away from DS. Also: SF643D gets released on 9/11, the tenth anniversary. Coincidence?

Off the top of my head, I think the most fun boss in WoW was the gunship battle at ICC. The first time I read about it, I was like "That's retarded" but it turned out to be really fun if a little easy. It could be annoying though if the people in the cannons were stupid and just hit the hull or if the rest of the boarding party was tardy.

Duke Nukem Forever's final boss was pretty fun, the most fun part of the game in my opinion. Basically it was the same as Doom 3 cyberdemon.

Not really fun as in the fighting, but Pokemon BW's N and Ghetsis were way better as final bosses than the usual champion. I never really care for the story or the campaign but I prefer having the story culminate at the end instead of it being an afterthought that gets tossed aside just before the final gym. Also, Ghetsis' Hydreigon is overrated. People need to use more Dragonbreath and healing items. You've got money, use it.

Now if we were talking about bad/annoying boss fights, I'd have pages to write about but we're not so yeah.