Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Are there any doom 3 classic monster mods out there?

Are there any Doom 3 mods that have monsters as they would've appeared in the classic Doom games? I don't just mean colors, but you know, actually modeled after the monsters in classic Doom.

The only monster in particular I'm actually looking for is the Pinky demon.

Some of Kaiser's maps have specters. Also Classic Doom has classic Doom monster imitations.

The Ruiner monster resource pack (called "Doom3 Demon Expansion Pack", from doom3.filefront.com of course) contains, among others, the baron of hell and pain elemental. You need to modify the monster .script in order to make the elemental actually spit Forgotten, but it can be done stably and without editing the gamex86 source code. I think the Ruiner mod itself even has an Icon of Sin for Doom 3, if you manage to get that far.

I remember seeing some mod which supposedly changed the weapons and monsters to have a more classic apparence. I've no idea where that one came from, though.

I think Printz mentioned it, but there was a mod where there are new models based on the original monsters. The original Doom 3 models I think are unchanged, but it adds the Baron and PE as well as the Super Shotgun to the original game somewhere. However, the mod is friggin hard. Headshots count (and are the only shots to kill zombies). Not sure what else is changed or added, though. Wasn't able to get that far due to my PC being not-so-good in the gaming department.

PRIMEVAL said:

I think Printz mentioned it, but there was a mod where there are new models based on the original monsters. The original Doom 3 models I think are unchanged, but it adds the Baron and PE as well as the Super Shotgun to the original game somewhere. However, the mod is friggin hard.

Mod is frigging hard? Are you talking about a level set? Is it something else than Ruiner?

I don't remember what it's called, but it modifies the original game. It's all the original levels but with some additional monsters (supposedly) and super shotgun added somewhere. Since I've barely made it past the 2nd level, I have yet to see changes. I think it's called Doom 3 Perfected, now that I think about it.

I'm suddenly reminded of how ROE has the super shotgun (cleverly placed as some sort of relic in an office), a more "Doom-y" version of the lost souls, and a pretty decent (but very short!) depiction of Hell. In some ways it's better than Doom 3.