Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath666

64 Lemons - 4 maps

No FDA because I'm dumb...

I liked it.

You being you, I played super cautiously in Map01, expecting some kind of instadeath ambush... Crossing that next line... Picking up that megasphere... Anytime now...

Then, as the main horde was cleared, a slow realisation creeped in : all those monsters were just a red herring, the real hard part was finding the shootable redwall switch. ;)

Map02 was good fun, harder but more straightforward.

Map03 seemed nice as well. I died after two cybies teleported right next to me, at the marble wall/switch part, as I was playing for a while and didn't feel like restarting.

All these maps are more than playable without superhuman skills, which is, in my opinion, an improvement over your previous stuff and worth noting.

Thanks for the fdas, but for me it desyncs right near the start (even with glboom+ 2506), am I doing something wrong?

Btw, I forgot to mention that these maps only have vertices on the 64x64 grid, just for fun.

I iddqd ran all 3; looks kickass like usual.

phml's desynced at start for me too (drag/dropping and also start/run with -playdemo on cl2 or cl9)

I had "--record" instead of "-record" in the command line, so actually uploaded a failed attempt for a different wad.

Memfis-cool thanks. Yes, grid32 and 32inchnails was some inspiration for this, but also because when I started the maps I start with grid64 just make some rooms, but then I decided just to use grid64 for vertices (like grid32 and 32inchnails).

ggg-yo I saw your ninadobrev fail demo, it was crazy. I never thought to let out the first cyber before the stairs lowered. The trampoline fall must have been annoying. That never happened to me there, but I always was careful just in case.

Phml-aw that's too bad. But you were able to beat the first two maps, right? That's cool. Did you two-shot most of the cybers? The cell ammo was intended for two-shotting, so I wasn't sure if there was enough ammo for non-two-shotting.

I beat the first two maps without deaths. I didn't manage to two-shots the cybers, and had to finish them with the SSG often, which is fine considering there is ample room to move.

Nice runs (also for nina and pppp).

Its annoying to think I'm doing some fancy route then lo and behold look and see that your time is faster anyway, ha ha. Oh, plus the minor point that I died. (map1 attempted uvmax).
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/29271740/ravioli3-fail-cl2-map1-ggg.lmp
I think it might be possible for a chaingunner to infight the cyber and shoot the reverent room open early. That might have happened to me once (or it might have just been another cl2 all ghosts bug (had a few of those as well), I couldn't tell cuz I died very soon after it happened).

Speedyshare won't load for me right now, but thanks. Oh sh*t, I didn't think about mouse-aiming chaingunners. Makes me wonder if they can do it then so should human players? I tried hitscanning the cyber with god mode, but my shots wouldn't hit the firelava. So yeah, if someone actually uses that strategy, then I'm gonna edit the map. Just a heads up!

The all ghosts bug happened to me a couple times too. If you want, you could play without "intercepts overflow emulation" in the general options of prplus (set it to NO).

I finally did it with iddqd by letting maybe 3 viles blast me at once, making me high enough to shoot it. But its really hard.

lols, I never thought about going down the hole pacifist-style. I dunno why the lift doesn't raise, but I assume cuz of a monster at the higher floor for whatever reason. Maybe a block monster line would fix that. But still, have you made it back to the start room even with those 5 cybers walking around? It seems kinda deadly at the lift. If I edit the map, I'm gonna try to eliminate the pacifist-style beginning with a shootable switch or something. Sorry!

Btw dudes, if you want 1Gb of free webhosting, with no ads, no wait time, your files don't get deleted, and with hot-linking, maybe try http://www.wuala.com. You have to download a program and run it when you upload your files. And you can hot-link by going to wuala.com/your_username, copy the link and paste it on the forum. Just saying, cuz speedyshare didn't work for me the other day and megaupload said the file was temporarily unavailable for 15 mins.

Once I got hands on that map, I thought right away that there is some pacifist start implemented - mancos placed just like some obstacles for rushing in. Actually I was quite surprised by your demo that there really wasn't anything tricky. It took me quite a bunch of tries and once I noticed malfunctioning lift, I didn't feel like redoing, but it seemed to be offering enough space to dodge cybs.

That's seriously one of the most kickass maps since last sunder update, soz no first exit yet. Btw am I supposed to take blue key by falling onto the platform with it from the upper cliff (the only way I managed to after 5 minutes of falling) or is there some micro/invisible switch lowering it somewhere around?

Here's a fail uvmax on 4. Started doing dumb things toward the end and ran out of life.
This route is quite fun. My previous route was dropping down to the blue key area asap, but that was a lot harder and more tedious (and probably slower anyway).
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6JIB6Y3J

Got up to last cybies in like 40 minutes, then ate all rockets. Guess I deleted demo yesterday so here's casual technical fail - played 17 minutes and an overflow made me realise that I flipped those emulations apparently wrong.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4XDLWSDD

map04 max 24:59

Thx for all the demos everyone. This was the route I used for playtesting a couple weeks ago. I did 23:10 with saves during playtesting, but I guess I was too scared playing without saves.

For the songs, I got them from vgmusic.com. I downloaded the whole site with an add-on for firefox that lets you download all links on a webpage, so I opened a category in the "classic view" and started downloading, then did the next category, etc. Then I loaded all songs from the ps1 category in winamp and wrote down which ones I like in a txt file.

I have to doublecheck the title/inter music, and the map02 music, but:

map01 - "Flight" from "Breath of Fire III" on PS1
map03 - "Valens Fortress" from "Threads of Fate" on PS1
map04 - "Kline's Nightmare" from "Alundra" on PS1