Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
888mikem888

More DooM editing questions.

Ok so I'm going to ask multiple questions, so that I don't keep posting 4 different threads at once.

First : How do I change the scene where at the end of doom 2 when they show the list of monsters, to costom monsters?

Second : How do I change the text cut-scene and change the level it appears after?

Third : This is a dumb question but, is there something in the doom 2 wad that will allow me to make windows? I mean like a see through wall that you can't shoot through. I've seen those in TNT and PLUTONIA but I'm not sure about doom 2.

Fourth : How can I change the running and walking speed of the player so that he doesn't run faster than a freaking racecar.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm sorry, I know I've been posting so many stupid threads

**EDIT**

Sorry and one more question. With Doom Builder 2, if I run it in Skulltag (Doom in hexen format) will it be the same as ZDoom (Doom in hexen format) or are there any significant differences?

Question 3: You need an invisible sector with NO wall textures, you want the sector to be just a couple units from the ceiling. Also, you don't want the players view to be able to see the top (or over) of the sector or it will ruin the effect...

Here is a rough example. Run it with Doom 2 Map01.

(New link)

http://www.mediafire.com/?encfgwr385unfjt

Second: If you're thinking about the vanilla game (or even Boom, i believe), then dehacked is your thing. Note that you can change the text, but not the level after it appears. AFAIK, this can be done on other source ports, such as (G)ZDoom and Doomsday.

Fourth: Once again, dehacked for the vanilla game and not-so-fancy source ports, and different lumps for (G)ZDoom.

I haven't modded for any source port other than boom/zdoom/doomsday, so i wouldn't know about them.

Skulltag has some weapons, items and monsters that zdoom doesn't, but you can safely say that if it runs on zdoom, it will run on skulltag.

888mikem888 said:

First : How do I change the scene where at the end of doom 2 when they show the list of monsters, to costom monsters?

In ZDooM, you can change the "cast call" (as it is named) via the MAPINFO Intermission Definition. Scroll down the page to see an example.

Third : This is a dumb question but, is there something in the doom 2 wad that will allow me to make windows? I mean like a see through wall that you can't shoot through. I've seen those in TNT and PLUTONIA but I'm not sure about doom 2.

I believe you're asking about glass in windows, right? The way it's done (e.g., in TeamTNT's Eternal DooM) in DooM/2 is to use a transparent texture that is streaked to look like a pane of glass in real life would look. This is the kind you can shoot through. You can also make "bullet-proof" glass by using tricks in DooM/2. You can also make "breakable" glass by using tricks.

In ZDooM you can make glass bullet-proof by assigning the linedef a "block everything" flag. In addition, you can use any texture (not just transparent/streaked ones), such as SHAWN2, on a two-sided linedef and set the linedef to be translucent via scripting. You can also make "breakable" glass via scripting.

In GZDooM you can make "true" glass by making a 3D sector translucent. By default, this type of glass blocks everything.