Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yellowmadness54

the archvile wake up noise?

I've always wondered why when you "woke" the archvile up, it made a sort of robotic-computerized sound, almost like its charging up. I use to think they were aliens because of this (for some odd reason)

is there any particular reason why it makes that noise?

Why is the sky blue and lemons yellow?

Doom wiki says:

"Upon spotting the player, the Arch-vile emits a high-pitched, distorted and emotionally disturbing malevolent laugh."

Maes said:

Why is the sky blue and lemons yellow?

As Scott Steiner puts it: "Why does the sun rise!? Why does the moon go down at night!?"

I'm actually able to make the Archvile awakened sound, freak out my friends from time to time X)

GoatLord said:

That's its "distant" sound, not its "awakened" sound.

yellowmadness54 said:

I've always wondered why when you "woke" the archvile up,

Upon SPOTTING the player.

Same thing right?

Perhaps the wake up noise is another type of laugh? I know his roaming noise is a sinister laugh. The wiki does indeed say it is the awakening noise.

I think it sounds like him literally waking up from meditation, with a strange (inhuman) cough sound.

printz said:

I think it sounds like him literally waking up from meditation, with a strange (inhuman) cough sound.

He's talking about the high pitched chirping sound.

Marnetmar said:

He's talking about the high pitched chirping sound.

I was talking about that. Imagine yourself sighing like a madman and making a throat noise in the process.

printz said:

I was talking about that. Imagine yourself sighing like a madman and making a throat noise in the process.

I don't see how that sounds like it at all.

Marnetmar said:

I don't see how that sounds like it at all.

I'm talking especially about noisy inhaling sound.

printz said:

I'm talking especially about noisy inhaling sound.

I still don't see the resemblance.

It is one of the weirdest sounds in the game and doesn't really fit with any of the already animal-like noises the other monsters make.

Am I the only one who thinks that the Cacodemon's spotting sound is taken from an eagle?

PRIMEVAL said:

I'm actually able to make the Archvile awakened sound, freak out my friends from time to time X)

Record?

Charges his batteries when he wakes up - always reminded of some demonic current running through him.

At least this sound is distinct enough that when we hear it, we usually mutter the words, "oh shit..." :)

PRIMEVAL said:

I've always thought he's done a good job with it, but I don't recall him freaking me out at all. I'm sure he has freaked out other people though.