Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BGE

City themed wads?

Curious if there are any city, town, haunted streets, etc themed megawads out there that slipped under my radar. I've been on the prowl for non-techbase/hellish maps and wads with a little success. Stuff like Epic and Brotherhood of Ruin are good fun, but I'm wanting to move to more city themed stuff.

Any suggestions?

Hellcore 2.0 has some impressively huge city/town maps, though your mileage may vary: I found them impenetrably confusing when I tried them a few years ago.

Hellcore 2.0 is indeed nice if you're looking for eye candy, but that's about it.

I personally enjoyed Doom 2 Reloaded, and it had a nice city segment that might be worth a shot.

Thanks, I'll take a look at those.

I suppose I'm looking for more gothic, Blood-style cities to explore. I've got a weapon wad that adds a bunch of supernatural/occult weapons in place of the standard ones, so I'm trying to find a wad to match.

No mentions of Thomas van der Velden's Revolution! (TVR!.wad)? That's pretty much the hallmark of city-themed WADs, in my opinion. There's also a spiritual successor in Map 02 of CChest.wad (Nullth Precinct).

Dawn of Reality is simply amazing, the best city map for Doom, in my opinion.

City of the Damned: Apocalypse is a horror/suspense WAD that involves a Victorian-style city invaded by Satanic Cultists and demons. A very good map.

Happy Time Circus 2 has a circus thing going on, but there's also a large town that's been abandoned you must explore, too. Very atmospheric...

Hellfire is comprised two parts: city and hell. Pretty cool stuff.

I have vague memories of city-themed maps or wads, though I recall Map29 of Plutonia, Map14 of HR, a couple of maps in Dystopia 3, and Map13 of Requiem being good city-themed maps.

T-Rex said:

I have vague memories of city-themed maps or wads, though I recall Map29 of Plutonia, Map14 of HR, a couple of maps in Dystopia 3, and Map13 of Requiem being good city-themed maps.

Map13 of Doom 2, Map21 of Cchest, and many of the later Vile Flesh maps also features city based maps.

Freedoom also has a few city-themed maps, esp. MAP13 and MAP16. Requires engine with Boom support.

A few others (vanilla Doom II) worth checking out:
wtrfront.wad - The Waterfront (small town)
metro13.wad - city, fairly abstract
abigjob.wad - big city
njdoom2.wad (MAP16) - old/haunted city

Anybody have anything with haunted/ancient cities, that sort of thing?

The City Of The Damned: Apocalypse is both, haunted and ancient. fullmetalvaran33 already recommended it.

Sorry, should have said that I played through that!