Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hervoheebo

Arachnophobics

Spiders aren't what I'm afraid of.

Hornets and wasps on the other hand scare the fucking fuck-fuckity-fuck-fuck-fuck out of me.

Marnetmar said:

Hornets and wasps on the other hand scare the fucking fuck-fuckity-fuck-fuck-fuck out of me.

I had a large wasp nest on the side of my house last summer. Sadly, non came back to rebuild this year.

Marnetmar said:

One year I was trimming the hedge and some hornet bastardo zapped me.. Nasty things.

I can barely even approach a Hornets' nest with a can of RAID. I'd rather be using a sniper rifle from hundreds of feet away.

Sadly, I don't have a sniper rifle.

During the summer we find Black Paper Wasps (I think it's what they are) in our house every fucking day. I got stung once when I accidently stepped on one, but otherwise they're more annoying if anything.

But seeing them and spiders as well do give me chills... Death in the air, Fear in a corner.

Marnetmar said:

I can barely even approach a Hornets' nest with a can of RAID. I'd rather be using a sniper rifle from hundreds of feet away.

Sadly, I don't have a sniper rifle.

Night-vision goggles and some home-made napalm might do the trick. ;-)

The worst we get around here are European Wasps (another introduced species) and they'll nest practically anywhere. One time I found them inside a roll of carpet in the back shed, needless to say that corner of the yard was off-limits until they were exterminated.

I'm rather indifferent to spiders. Usually, if I see a spider, it's a wolf spider of some sort looking for food. Though, there does seem to be a nice variety here. The other day at work I watched a brown recluse capture some kind of beetle and drag it off. There's also these tiny orange spiders that live on my ceiling that occasionally drop down on me.

Whenever the subject of common phobias comes up I like to say that I'm "fearless" and that's more or less true. If I found a spider in my basement with a six-inch legspan I'd feel a rush of adrenaline but after the initial surprise I'd easily be able to carry it outside, or sic the cat on it, or just let it make itself at home while I dig into Wikipedia to figure out how a spider that big made it to Canada. I'm also not even remotely concerned by bees or wasps; I've only been stung once, and that was when I was trying to catch a wasp with my bare hands.

The darn thing got away :(

KingKill33 said:

tiny orange spiders that live on my ceiling that occasionally drop down on me.

*shivers* God, I can't sleep now.

I can't stand spiders. I don't really know why, but looking at them makes me really uncomfortable, and when ever a see a spider of ANY kind, I automaticly sqirm. I can't believe some people actaully EAT spiders. Every time I simply think if a spider, I emediatly lose my apitite, and I seriousle can't eat any thing. But the thing is, theres not much of a chance there actually going to approach me (Every spider I've ever encountered has just ran away) and I know they take care of all the other bugs. If spiders didn't exsist, the world would be tooken over by bugs. Spiders are heroes in a way, but are ugly and gross as sin.

Heh, I love spiderlings. When I was a kid, I'd blow on their nests and watch them scatter.

see i don't mind little tiny spiders at all.
in fact i (never kill spiders no matter the size) don't even bother trying to capture them and take them outside if they are small.
fuck, every night i go outside for a smoke i walk through a damn web that this mom spider continuously builds in front of my door and strands of her babies get in my face.
i don't mind that.

i hate ants and roaches and mosquitos...
the mosquitos here in florida are little fucking vicious ninjas.
they leave huge fucking welts after they drink their fill.
it really sucks.

little spiders? meh.
there are some enormous banana spiders, wolf spiders, and etc. here.

the only time little tiny spiders freak me out is when there are dozens of them on the back of a larger (huge) mother spider.

KingKill33 said:

There's also these tiny orange spiders that live on my ceiling that occasionally drop down on me.

I don't mind money spiders, they're harmless and said to bring good luck.

I don't like any bug getting into places I don't want it, like under my clothes, where I might squash it

I appreciate spiders for eating other bugs. Bees don't bother me either - I'm not sure why people are so afraid of them, I've let bees land on me, moved around, brush them off violently, and they really don't seem to care. I've only gotten stung a couple times but it was obvious why the bee was pissed - i.e. one time a bee flew between my foot and the sandal I was wearing and I stepped on it, another time I was sitting on the apex of a roof and I pressed on the coping which had a nest underneath :/

Anyway, I'm not really afraid of them but I get really pissed at mosquitoes and flies that bite. Since they are the ones attacking me however, I don't really mind killing as many as possible :D

Many people are allergic to bees and could suffer horrible consequences if they were stung. That's why many people are scared of bees.

I hate spiders btw.

Spiders don't really bother me, I just leave them be. Worst spider I've encountered was a completely harmless harvestman with a legspan size of my hand chilling on my hallway wall. Looked like it escaped from War of the Worlds.
Sometimes I might find an eariwig or a wasp, but that's about it for exotic horror insects in Scotland. Midges are overrated too.

Got bitten by a spider twice before I turned 3. One by a wolf spider in the garden on my finger, and one by a black widow spider on my tummy when my mum dressed me up, the spider was hiding in a shirt but was relatively small anyway.

As for wasps, there's like 10 nests around my house. Although, it'd be a peace of mind if they weren't around, they don't seem too bad.

I fear and admire spiders but I do admit I need to control my phobia a bit. I had a car accident because of some fucking huntsmen (they're all over the place in Sydney as well as Funnel Webs), a really idiotic thing to do. I had 3 of my friends in the car and a huge huntsmen spider was moving along on my windshield. I thought I'd wipe it off, and I ended up wiping it onto the side of the car, and it somehow clinged on and decided to go inside the car through my unrolled window and just stood there, no further than 20 cm away from my head, watching me freak out and hit a parked 1996 BMW at 30-40 ks an hour. Got fined for neglient driving and some bitch's after more than 6000 dollars in damages because it had 'sentimental' values. The car model doesn't even cost more than 6000 and the bumper of the car was merely readjusted, it wasn't even dented!

Damn you Huntsman, look what you've done!