Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
magicsofa

Minutely Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games

Well maybe not minute, just pretty small.

I've always been fond of online RPGs, although I often quit before reaching really high levels :P

Anyway, I just discovered one called EUO. It is a very low-tech, old-school game (I know some of you will adore that) but it's got a cool atmosphere. I also like it because it has a tiny player base, although at the moment it's so small it could benefit from growing.

Here's the link:

http://euotopia.com/

Has anyone else played a lot of "small scale MMO's " (oxymoron I know)? I'm cheap as hell so I generally play free ones, probably why they don't turn out all that great :P I used to play a game called Wyvern, which I believe is still going strong.

Warning about EUO: It's a lot like rogue or nethack, in that there's a crap load of commands, one or three for each letter. It does have mouse support and some useful key binding features, so it's not all that bad, but it might be disorienting at first.

There's a free-roaming MMO that runs in a browser called "Realm of the Mad God". Mostly hack-and-slash and not much in the way of quests. It's easy to pick up but I got bored pretty easily.

Bucket said:

Mostly hack-and-slash and not much in the way of quests. It's easy to pick up but I got bored pretty easily.

I have that problem with rpgs a lot, even if the battles are fun, it needs some other stuff to balance it out. EUO at least has some cool places to explore. The quests are mostly "go kill abc" so far but I haven't played very far

hex11 said:

Those graphics remind me of this game

They are the same graphics, I think they're directly from one of the ultima games

Bucket said:

There's a free-roaming MMO that runs in a browser called "Realm of the Mad God". Mostly hack-and-slash and not much in the way of quests. It's easy to pick up but I got bored pretty easily.

I remember me and a few other Jetsons played that together for a while. It gets really good once you're about level 10. At that point you can usually join one of the massive raids that go through the areas with high level monsters, which tend to make for pretty epic battles. Projectiles fly all over the place as 16 or more players plow through them, regardless of casualties

magicsofa said:

They are the same graphics, I think they're directly from one of the ultima games

Needs more Exile.