Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
888mikem888

Wolfenstein 3D Question

I know this is a DOOM forum site, but is there something for Wolfenstein 3D like ZDoom? Preferably just so I can strafe with the A and D buttons, move forward with the W button, and shoot and look with the mouse. Any help would be really appreciated.

Zdoom is considered a "source port"

I tried googling "wolf 3d source port" and I yeilded some results. Maybe that will help you.

I found new wolf just now. The thing is though, I don't want to play just Wolfenstein. There are custom made TCs from Wolfenstein Dome (I think that's the name of the site). But I guess I'll figure it out.

Didn't Wolfenstein modding require modifying the executable? If so, then most mods probably won't work in a source port.

There's WolfenDoomed that Pcorf did, it's only 11 maps long though.

Try this:
Supermod 3D This mod pack from Acord Games has a choice of 6 graphic sets and 150 mapsets. Code changes include textured floors/ceilings, increased ammo limit, gun bobbing and a full screen playing area option. Available here.

http://download277.mediafire.com/llihzjvv16fg/b97mt9960atytmn/%24Sup.exe

The site I got it from is called "Mr. Lowe's WOLF 3-D PAGE"

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~brlowe/

Man, I wish I could script so that I could just make my own Wolfenstein Doom wad. I know there's TCs for DOOM but I need to figure out how to script so that I can make my own personal thing. I have New Wolf but it wants the original Wolfenstein 3D data. I can't find it. Jeez, this stuff is confuzzling.

**EDIT**

Oh, I didn't notice that you edited your last post. I'll check that stuff out. Thanks!

Go to Mr. Lowe's site and look under Source Code, you may find what your looking for there. As far as editing goes.

888mikem888 said:

I know this is a DOOM forum site, but is there something for Wolfenstein 3D like ZDoom? Preferably just so I can strafe with the A and D buttons, move forward with the W button, and shoot and look with the mouse. Any help would be really appreciated.

Due to how simple the Wolf3d levels are structures, you can play with just a mouse. Make sure it's sensitive enough. You don't need to circle-strafe in Wolf3d, because almost everyone attacks with bullets, and you can strafe with the mouse if you want to get to cover.