Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grul

What happened to Doom Millenium?

Hi!

Alright, so I haven't kept up with the Doom news the last, say, 10 years. However I actually fired up ZDoom yesterday and played some Hexen, and for some reason that got me thinking about Doom Millenium. What happened to it? I remember that it was being worked on a few years back and that it was, ahem, "nearly done". I looked forward to playing that! I looked around now and couldn't really find any info about it. Is it still in development hell or has it actually been released?

/ Grul

Some of the project members have released their maps in other projects.

Millennium itself is trying to outmordeth Mordeth.

i found this thread asking about millennium... from 2002, which is pretty hilarious.

i remember browsing their site before 2000, they had a techno looking map called skynet-something as well as other promising maps, too bad these weren't finished. same for mordeth, i liked its unique style.

Gez said:

Millennium itself is trying to outmordeth Mordeth.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I wonder if they have turned it into a competition: Who can outlast the other and truly deserve the "Mordeth Award?"

I personally feel like neither (at least, not Mordeth) will ever get done. If they do, I anticipate it being something similar to Hellcore's first release, where everything was just thrown together and released because the authors were sick of looking at it and just wanted it done. The results were obviously very mixed quality.

Then again, Mordeth and Millennium can pull a Hellcore 2.0, too, afterwards.

But, really, who knows what's going to happen with those two WADs.

Does anyone have screenshots of the map "SkyNet" from this? Apparently it's pretty impressive.