Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bloodfalls

Where can I download wads?

http://oblacek.sh.cvut.cz/bin/

I dont even know how to get to that website, found it ages ago and saved it in my favourites. It looks really suspicious to me, but ive downloaded a few things from it and nothing bad has happened, no virus or anything.... its just a list of random wads that i cant seem to find anywhere else.

Once you download some new wads, there's a couple ways to load 'em and play them. If you are using a source port in Windows just drag the WAD file over the source port exe (zdoom.exe or whatever). If you are using the command prompt it's

doom2 -file ****.wad

Make sure you check the txt file to figure out what level(s) the wads replace, so you can idclev as necessary.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewforum.php?f=19

Here you will find wads for ZDoom. Note that many of these are either WIPs or unreleased but it's a great place to follow new releases :)

Edit: For launching/managing large amounts of wads I *highly* recommend ZDL. If you have any questions on how to get any wads to run or questions about ZDL feel free to ask.

Edit: If you want to find good wads without having to sift through the duds you can try this and the Cacoawards.

If you want to catch up with some of the most well known stuff specifically, you might want to peruse the Cacowards, and the older Top 100 WADs lists. Whether you start at the newer stuff, or the older stuff, or just pick through the lists randomly, is up to you.

[Damnit, I missed xvertigox's edit.]

just thinking, you can just use scalliano's randomizer wad. It makes doom 100 times more interesting and even if you play the same level 100 times over, your almost garanteed a different experience, you really should try it, you'll never get bored of it. its alot handier than downloading countless wads.

Also, if you have the 'obliged' map creator, use it along with the randomizer, its very intertaining.

Thamuzzz said:

just thinking, you can just use scalliano's randomizer wad. It makes doom 100 times more interesting and even if you play the same level 100 times over, your almost garanteed a different experience, you really should try it, you'll never get bored of it. its alot handier than downloading countless wads.

Not to knock scalliano, as I've never used his randomizer, but this is just stupid.

... you call it stupid even though you've never used the randomizer and tried it. how the hell did you work that one out?

Because I've been playing Doom wads for 3 or 4 years and still manage to discover new favorite on /idgames. Randomizers can be good fun if made well, but I feel that encourage exploration of the database is a much more effective way constantly enjoying Doom whilst rarely experiencing the same thing twice. I can't help but feel that most randomizers get stale after a while while /idgames always has something new for me to discover.

i was simply giving bloodfalls an easier option, seriously no need to critisize. i prefer using a randomizer, you dont, thats it. no need to get worked up over it

Thamuzzz said:

no need to get worked up over it

Seems you are getting worked up. The op asked where to download pwads, not randomizers. They also didn't ask for the "easiest" option - how lazy are you if you can't download from an entire database of wads?

lazy? when you download a wad, all you do is click download, and then play a game while you wait. its not lazyness, its what i prefer, i was just suggesting an option.

startin to think i really dont fit in with you gamer geeks, ill keep my opinions to myself next time

Thamuzzz said:

lazy? when you download a wad, all you do is click download

Right. If you think that is "harder" than using a randomizer in any significant way, then I think you're lazy.