Do you think she was guilty?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think she was guilty?

• The glove doesnt fit
    • not sure/dont care
    • yes.
    • no.

http://news.yahoo.com/anthony-trial-lack-evidence-good-defense-000636253.html

Anthony trial: Lack of evidence or good defense?

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Prosecutors proved Casey Anthony was a liar, but convinced the jury of little else.

The government failed to establish how 2-year-old Caylee Anthony died and they couldn't find her mother's DNA on the duct tape they said was used to suffocate her. There was conflicting testimony on whether the putrid smell inside the family's car was a decomposing body or simply trash, and it was never quite clear why chloroform was so important.

The lack of evidence and the doubt raised by the defense — that Caylee accidentally drowned in the family's pool — was enough to win an acquittal. After a trial of a month and a half, the jury took less than 11 hours to find Anthony not guilty of first-degree murder, aggravated manslaughter and aggravated child abuse.

She was convicted only of four misdemeanor counts of lying to investigators who were looking into the June 2008 disappearance of Caylee. She lied about being employed at Universal Studios. She lied about leaving Caylee with a baby-sitter, then again when she recounted to investigators that she had told two imaginary people that Caylee was missing. She also lied about receiving a phone call from Caylee the day before she was reported missing.

related videos from May:

The jury found her not guilty? Well, then she's not guilty. I can't weight the evidence by simply reading a journalist's report.

Technician said:

The jury found her not guilty? Well, then she's not guilty. I can't weight the evidence by simply reading a journalist's report.

but haven't you been following the news? It was a shocking verdict. She was expected to be found guilty for murdering her two year old daughter. She's been in jail for the last three years.

Hellbent said:

but haven't you been following the news? It was a shocking verdict. She was expected to be found guilty for murdering her two year old daughter. She's been in jail for the last three years.

Yeah, I heard it on the news. You think I should be surprised people in the courtroom, witnessing interrogation, weighing character, evaluating evidence, hearing testimony, etc., came to a much different conclusion than three years of sensationalist journalism? People lap this "she killed her babby, burn her!" like flies on vomit. Everyone wants to be their own little jury and vigilantly, bearing on little information as third person journalism and sound bites.

It's not unheard of to be a victim of circumstance.

The prosecution failed to produce adequate evidence to support the charges - not guilty, case dismissed.

DuckReconMajor said:

Why is it anyone else's business what you do with your child?

Because they think they know better. Just look at abortions.

Technician and GreyGhost have it right. Let her go and sue the news companies for destroying what's left of her life.

Aliotroph? said:

Technician and GreyGhost have it right. Let her go and sue the news companies for destroying what's left of her life.

I'm seeing comments left by good ol' God fearing Americans hounding for blood. The system only works when people with a majority, public, consensus dies.

She's also a victim, here. This should have never taken three years to come to this conclusion. The court basically made dummy convictions to avoid compensation.

GreyGhost said:

The prosecution failed to produce adequate evidence to support the charges - not guilty, case dismissed.

This.

I believe this to be the main reason. The fact is the jury didn't think she did it, so she didn't do it. It doesn't matter if anybody else thinks she did do it. The thing that people forget is that jury sat there and listened to the whole thing, from the very beginning, to the very end of it. I would think they're in a better position to tell if she's innocent or guilty.

You are always guilty at a trial by media. Always. If TV, newspapers and blogs were to be used instead of due process, no one would ever be found innocent.

Also, it'd be death sentences for everyone found guilty, whatever the crime.

caco_killer said:

Because they think they know better. Just look at abortions.

In some states, abortions is becoming legally mandatory. Miscarriage is murder, so if you decide to keep the baby and there's an accident, off to jail with you. Only way to keep your criminal record clean is to abort.

Gez said:

Only way to keep your criminal record clean is to abort.

I'd rather not have a criminal record - clean or otherwise - but I suppose in some countries that's not an option.

I agree with Technician et al on this. Innocent until proven guilty. If she was found not guilty, then she is not guilty. I don't give a damn what some hacks trying to sell papers/advertising time said. The court was there for the whole thing and, I hope, was as objective as possible. Anything else means the system is breaking down.

As an interesting aside, under the Scottish legal system, we have a possible verdict of "not proven" as well as the usual two. Not proven basically means "we think you did it but we don't have enough evidence to say that you did beyond all reasonable doubt". OK, it's a little more complex and subtle than that but that's basically what it boils down to.

Maybe the best course of action would be to throw out all that old-fashioned nonsense about justice and start sending people straight to prison when they get out of the police car :P

I guess what I was asking is: if you guys thought she did the crime or not; not whether the case merited the outcome.

I don't care if she did the crime or not; But if they found her NOt Guilty, well maybe she's not. But who knows? Maybe she'll reveal herself to TIME Magazine like that bafoon from the Emmet Till trials (Differant circumstances yes, but not what I'm getting at) did.

Tagline: "I was found not guilty of a crime I did commit. My daughter is dead because I killed her and the press destoryed my life. Casey Anthoney: A Tragic American Hero. Read on P. 34"

I recall there was a very similar case in czech rep., though I barely recall details - girl missing, dad was suspected mostly until actual killer was found. Media really should keep off sticking fingers into this stuff.

I hate the rampant mob mentality this country produces. The entire thing was a media circus taken to an inhuman level.

Clonehunter said:

the press destoryed my life

Now that's something the press would never do. They tend to story things up; not to de-story them. :p

Quasar said:

tart sending people straight to prison when they get out of the police car :P

Might as well, some people are detained for years waiting for trial. A few even released after being found guilty because their sentence was less than the time they've already spent in prison waiting.

Innocent until proven guilty? Not if you're poor and can't afford bail.

While I haven't been watching this too closely I have listened to a few parts of the trail while working. My thought on the matter is that she clearly did something wrong. She clearly deserves to go to jail. If her kid did in fact drown, and she did in fact cover it up (they did find her guilty of (four?) counts of providing false information...) then she should absolutely see the inside of jail cell. What about all the wasted man power, time, and tax dollars put into the effort of the case? She probably won't go to jail, what a load of crap.

hobomaster22 said:

She probably won't go to jail, what a load of crap.

what

She's got slapped with four counts of lying to police, which can be up to one year for each count. On top of that, shes been in jail for a few years ever since the story broke.

Clonehunter said:

"I was found not guilty of a crime I did commit. My daughter is dead because I killed her and the press destroyed my life. Casey Anthoney: A Tragic American Hero. Read on P. 34"

Fixed.

hobomaster22 said:

What about all the wasted man power, time, and tax dollars put into the effort of the case?

What about it? If you were accused of murder, whether you actually did it or not, wouldn't you want the case to be thoroughly investigated?

Edit: Or rather, I suppose if you had done it, you actually would want a shoddy investigation.

Remember the second Michael Jackson trial when he was found innocent, and then the media was hyping up the story of one of the jurors who said something like "When I saw [supposed victims] mom I immediately disliked her". As if to say "he's wierd so he must of done it, how dare they find him innocent?"

You sometimes wonder if these journalists know just how steep and slippery the slope they are teetering on the edge of is.

hobomaster22 said:

She probably won't go to jail, what a load of crap.

What are you talking about? She was in jail for three years while the prosecution build up it's lame case. She was also sentenced to four year imprisonment for false information. Thankfully, the court accepts her three years previously served.

Quite frankly, the law should feel really stupid after this case. It doesn't take three years imprisonment before trial, this isn't Turkey. Speedy trial my ass.

I've studied the court videos more than anyone should without looking into any media coverage at all.

The prosecution did a terrible job of making her guilty and you are innocent until proven guilty. The prosecution didn't have much to work with to start out. Since the kid was found months after carnivores got to the kid and the corinor determined what WAS NOT the cause of death, but not what was the cause.

It was CLEARLY lack of evidence.

I've argued this agains rooms full of people that were all burn the witch she's a child killer. Well innocent until proven guilty and they didn't prove her guilty.

The family all live in that house, so anyone could have killed the kid or accidentally killed the kid. No one saw her do it, everything was circumstancial. She asked for a shovel from a neighbor, but her dad could have sent her to get a shovel. Her car smelled like death, someone could have used her car to transport the body, those keywords were searched the day of the kid's disappearance, anyone could use the computer. ESPECIALLY IF MULTIPLE PEOPLE LIVE IN THE HOUSE.

She's a liar. I think the father is more in on it than he'd like.

It was a joke she was even up for murder 1 death penalty. They should have tried her for neglect and tampering and obstruction of justice, but the public would be like no neglect isn't bad enough we want murder 1 or we riot. They wanted her to rat on someone else and point the finger. She called their bluff and said nothing.

Oh and btw anyone else heard about the Zenelda Gonzolez being the X Y logitude / lattitude coordinates where the kid was found? A woman named Zenelda lived to the north of where she was found and a Mr. Gonzolez lived to the east. That's some premeditated shit. Zanny the nanny would indicate that's where she's burried like Jesus is my baby's nanny now.

I could go on and on and on. I need to get my mind off this and research something else.

What I think happened (crackpot theory), she was getting booty texts(from the sherrif's deputy who lied about his relationship with her). She wanted to get fucked, but didn't want the hassle of bringing the kid over to the guy's house or dropping the kid off elsewhere like with her mom when she's getting booty texts at midnight. So on Myspace she saw her ex boyfriend's joke of a picture about chloroform. She looked it up found out what it is, got her hands on it and chloroformed her kid, put duct tape over the kid's mouth and left her in the trunk.

The kid died durring the booty call in the trunk and she didn't know until she got home. Kids drying in trunks have become quite common because in some states teens aren't allowed to have other teens with them in the car so they'll go in the trunk and someone will die. In FL its fucking hot enough. She then tried to do CPR and made things worse, she looked up chest trauma because the CPR chest compression broke ribs.

She kept the kid in the trunk until she found a place to burry her. She had to look up a place online which coincides with the Zenelda, Gonzolez coordinates I mentioned. Then when the coast was clear, she burried her baby. Maybe George Anthony helped her or did the burrying himself.

BECAUSE testimony said he called the cops the same day Cayle was reported missing. He told the cops 2 gascans were taken. I think his wife Cindy found out the kid was missing a month and George said I'll settle it. I'll call the cops. Called the cops, reported 2 gas cans missing.

THEN Cindy called the cops and said the baby was missing. Cindy doesn't fuck around. Which is good. Makes her look innocent.

Edit:
I feel very close to this trial, because I dated someone for 3 months that was very similar to Casey. Hot body with a young kid, with a dysfunctional touch her family, lied diabolically, thought about chloroforming her kid so she didn't need a baby sitter. In fact I even posted a blog about her 2 years ago. Plus they're both from FL.