Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

The amazing "identify that Doom song" thread.

I know I've heard map02 before.

You should throw these at some C64/NES/Amiga music forum, I'm fairly sure they're all video game music.

Edit: map05 is Deflektor.

Was beaten to 5! :D I just found it as Belial edited their post! XD

Map 3) Aqua - Lollipop

Map 9) Viper Phase 1 - Stage 2 theme

Map 15) Eliminator Main theme

Map 17) 3D Galax Main theme

hihi.

So I wrote that script I mentioned a few posts back, it literally took me only 15 minutes and 30 lines of python, simple stuff. Anyways, you can feed it a wad and it will compare it against every midi I have on my comp (which among other things includes a majority of all midi from vgmusic). Here's what the program spit out when I fed it "Destination Unknown":

D_DM2INT.mid 	2011-03-12-vgmusic.com/Arcade/valkyrie_no_densetsu-level_4.mid
D_DM2TTL.mid 	2011-03-12-vgmusic.com/Arcade/sPIU_Beethoven_Virus.mid
MUS01.mid 	2011-03-12-vgmusic.com/Computer 01 Commodore 64 128/Cybernoid_Live.mid
MUS02.mid 	2011-03-12-vgmusic.com/Computer 01 Commodore 64 128/light.mid
MUS03.mid 
MUS04.mid 	2011-03-12-vgmusic.com/Arcade/JILost_-_Arcade_-_Space_Harrier_-_Main_BGM.mid
MUS05.mid 	nm/midi/Deflektor/Deflector_-_JNK1.mid
MUS06.mid 
MUS07.mid 
MUS08.mid 	2011-03-12-vgmusic.com/Arcade/gra3cl.mid
MUS09.mid 	2011-03-12-vgmusic.com/Arcade/Vp1lev9_VERSION2_0.mid
MUS10.mid 	2011-03-12-vgmusic.com/Computer 04 MSX Computer/Firebird.mid
MUS11.mid 	2011-03-12-vgmusic.com/Sega 06 Sega Saturn/Daytona_USA_-_The_King_of_Speed.mid
MUS12.mid 	2011-03-12-vgmusic.com/Computer 02 Microsoft DOS Windows/BreakneckTrack4.mid
MUS13.mid 	2011-03-12-vgmusic.com/Sega 06 Sega Saturn/T_AdvancedVGFighter_Intro_GM.mid
MUS14.mid 
MUS15.mid 	2011-03-12-vgmusic.com/Computer 05 Atari Computers/Eliminator.mid
MUS16.mid 	2011-03-12-vgmusic.com/Computer 05 Atari Computers/Jambala_Title.mid
MUS17.mid 	2011-03-12-vgmusic.com/Computer 05 Atari Computers/3D-Galax.mid
MUS18.mid 
MUS19.mid 

I wasn't paying attention to which ones were named already... but well.... there ya go :D

trying to determine what the music from ZOF.wad MAP08 is - either it's classical music or it's night music from a western roleplaying game =P either way it is BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL. The level rocks, too!

According to the midi meta-data it's from Mussorgsky's "Pictures At An Exhibition":

I don't have the patience to sift through and find out what section exactly, but it's probably in there somewhere :D

EDIT: ok, I lied, I found it :p. it's the "Il vecchio castello" section which starts at approx 5:10 in that video.

Curious as to what Slaughterfest 2012 MAP34's music is. Sounds a lot like DragonForce, but it isn't.

oh my god, you're right! thanks for doing the detective work!

I'm planning to do a music wad for a bunch of levels I love, but I don't claim to outrank Mussorgsky in these matters so I'll leave that one alone, haha

15 is same as Serenity E3M1, "25 or 6 to 4" by Chicago.

btw thanks for the Destination Unknown stuff guys!

Memfis said:

15 is same as Serenity E3M1, "25 or 6 to 4" by Chicago.

Sure both are originated from there, but the midis are way different. It might be for a similar reason as Mark Klem having two versions of "Dry Rot" on Requiem's maps 18 and 23.

Cell said:

Dimensions of Time maps 07, 09, 15 and 26 I'm curious of (the latest I suppose bases on a "real music" track).

09 is "Wrong Way" by Sublime. Highly interested in map 07's source. Also I requested Real World 2 map 10 a long time ago, still curious about that one also if anyone knows.

What's the song being played in BOOMEDIT.WAD?

It sounds like something out of Princess Maker 2, although I don't recall that song explicitly. The melody sure as heck sounds like it, though.

Whoa, thanks! I couldn't recognize it for some reason, even though I've definitely heard the first part of Canon in D in one form or another. I guess it's just a limitation of how midis sound. That, and, I think Fraggle's (very nice) sound font may have something to do with it. :P

Cell said:

Dimensions of Time maps 07, 09, 15 and 26 I'm curious of (the latest I suppose bases on a "real music" track).

I just found out that 26's name bases on:
Martin Page - In the House of Stone and Light
It was SOOOO obivous, since the aforementioned map's name is "Stone and Light" as well.

FuzzballFox said:

Oh wow, thanks.

I wasn't expecting someone to actually know, I had a feeling it might be original

That said the Alien Vendetta remaster sounds way better, haha it's probably my favorite doom midi yet. The midi is definitely better than then level, heh.

I somehow always felt that Beast Island's music is somehow Diablo II-esque, but couldn't put the feeling into any of my folders until I saw this video along with hearing the original song.

Uhhh, is eternity.wad e2m2 song really "so what?". I listened to some versions on YouTube and they sound nothing like it, just two piano accords are kinda similar.