Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

The amazing "identify that Doom song" thread.

38 minutes ago, EdwunclerIII said:

i have been looking for the songs of these midis for a while now, but i cant find them. midi.zip

any help is appreciated, thanks.

I can't open that file. Did the upload fail?

For me it opened and I immediately recognized that SQUAD2 is Higher Ground by Red Hot Chili Peppers!

Just now, Memfis said:

For me it opened and I immediately recognized that SQUAD2 is Higher Ground by Red Hot Chili Peppers!

Thank you! Thats one down.

PPULSE is "Blew" by Nirvana, off of the Bleach album

VDETH is "YYZ" by Rush, off of the Moving Pictures album

SQUAD2 is "Higher Ground" which is a Stevie Wonder song, but the midi appears to be based off of the Red Hot Chili Peppers version

Unsure about the other two

41 minutes ago, Bashe said:

PPULSE is "Blew" by Nirvana, off of the Bleach album

VDETH is "YYZ" by Rush, off of the Moving Pictures album

SQUAD2 is "Higher Ground" which is a Stevie Wonder song, but the midi appears to be based off of the Red Hot Chili Peppers version

Unsure about the other two

Thanks! I was especially wondering what PPULSE was.

I had a question, and basically still have*, except for the so-called "boss battle theme" (MAP08's most, MAP10's and MAP12's final part), which is, in fact, this track:

The MIDI rearrangement quite makes it sound different, though.

*[EDIT] Specal thanks for the user @Bashe revealing a good portion of it. :)

By the way (and I completely forgot about it, dang), the MAP02 music is a .mod file (found out, like, 5 years later after ripping it from IOGW) which automatically deciphered the title in Winamp as "Hell serves hot coffee". It might be a hint at where I should look for the original.

As far as I can compare my list and the ones Bashe revealed, it was only MAP02 to be missing. So yeah, another goal in life fulfilled at last. :)
[/EDIT]

Edited by Cell

In regards to It Only Gets Worse:

Titlepic (TITLE): System of a Down - Deer Dance

Map01 (FOREST): El DeBarge - Who's Johnny

Map05 (PRISON): System of a Down - Prison Song

Map06 (ZARATHUS): Richard Strauss - Also sprach Zarathustra (made famous by 2001: A Space Odyssey)

Map09 (TOILET): The Kinks - Lola (the midi sounds like a different interpretation, however)

Map10 (CREEPY): Aubrey Hodges - Watch Your Step (from Doom 64)

Map12 (MAGIC): Queen - Princes of the Universe

Map13 (KWIKE): 52nd Street Theme, which is an old jazz standard. The midi was made by Josef Huber

Map99 (SECRET): Queen - Another One Bites the Dust

The rest I'm unsure about.

EDIT: Map02 was made for "Nucking Futs" by Wills himself. @Cell

Edited by Bashe : ID of map02 discovered

The entirety of Erkattäññe.wad, with the exception of MAP03 (Spandau Ballet - True), and MAP05 (karaoke version of Billy Idol - Eyes Without a Face).

And before anyone says that instead I should consult the author himself, I'd highlight that last time @nicolas monti was here was more than 3 months ago, so I might as well get an earlier answer here than via PM'ing him. And no, he didn't put those into the description of the WAD.

[EDIT] Thanks Eris.
Why are wiki pages always much more descriptive than the attached .txt files? :D

Edited by Cell

8 minutes ago, Cell said:

The entirety of Erkattäññe.wad, with the exception of MAP03 (Spandau Ballet - True), and MAP05 (karaoke version of Billy Idol - Eyes Without a Face).

And before anyone says that instead I should consult the author himself, I'd highlight that last time @nicolas monti was here was more than 3 months ago, so I might as well get an earlier answer here than via PM'ing him. And no, he didn't put those into the description of the WAD.

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Erkattäññe

A friend and I recently found the actual song that dwango5 map1 is based on. I know a lot of people doubted that it was that Georgia Lewis song and I now believe with certainty that it is based on Energizer (Cyber Space mix) by Hit the Floor (aka Dieter Bohlen). Midi tempo is faster, but in the youtube link, 1:12 roughly matches up with 0:00 of the midi, 1:21 with 0:13, 2:07 with 0:25. Often the backing piano from the song is the primary sound in the midi so listen for that. It only took 23 years to find!

I've been trying to decode e2music.wad and have gotten almost 50% of it figured out, but can't figure out the other half. A lot of these tracks are featured on Heroes 2, Mr. Smiley Head's Safari, and I'm sure numerous other wads from 1994 - 1996 which have been lost to time. Posting it here in the hopes that any of the others will be figured out.

E1M1:

E1M2:

E1M3: U96 - Das Boot (dasboot.mid)

E1M4:

E1M5: Christopher Wilkins - chris3.mid

E1M6:

E1M7: "Robot Garbage Freighter" from Space Quest III

E1M8: Jean-Michel Jarre - Second Rendez-Vous (rendezii.mid)

E1M9:

Good question. It's been used by Heroes (it's episode 2's soundtrack as-is); but they have not yet been identified. E2M1 kinda sounds like a JM Jarre song, but doesn't match any JMJ MIDI I found.

1 hour ago, Gez said:

What's the song in Vanilla Sky? @DooMknight didn't mention it in the readme.

It's an unused track from a 1995 game called Mission Critical. This game has some great tunes for custom maps!

Here is the full midi soundtrack:

http://www.mirsoft.info/wogm_download.php?data=YTozOntpOjA7czo0OiIyMTU4IjtpOjE7aToxNTQ3NTAyNjgwO2k6MjtpOjM7fQ==

The song that you mention is the one called MC20.mid

Thanks! There are strong stylistic similarities with some tunes from Arena and Daggerfall, so I'm not surprised to see Eric Heberling listed as one of the composers for this game.

I don't know the name of the music used in Crimson Horizon by Death-destiny. Does someone know it?

Spoiler

Grime , an another map made by Death-Destiny , uses an awesome alternate version of "Intolerance" from Seiken Desentsu 3 (the original can be heared in Scythe 2 map 25).  This version is not present in the original game. I want to know the name of the midi composer.

Spoiler

I finally begin to wonder if D-D did not compose these midis himself. In any case, nothing is specified: /

Hellebarde, MAP25.

It is obviously a MIDI rendition of an actual song, sounds vaguely like Nightwish or something else from the symphonic metal genre (I could be wrong on both fronts). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

midi.zip

44 minutes ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Hellebarde, MAP25.

It is obviously a MIDI rendition of an actual song, sounds vaguely like Nightwish or something else from the symphonic metal genre (I could be wrong on both fronts). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

midi.zip

Pretty sure it's Stratovarius.  No idea which song though. I've definitely heard this song before though.

1 hour ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Hellebarde, MAP25.

midi.zip

27 minutes ago, Bryan T said:

Nice work, seems I don't know shit.  Then again, a lot of power metal does blend together.

I appreciate your help regardless, man. :)

On 12/13/2018 at 2:35 PM, omomo said:

I've been trying to decode e2music.wad and have gotten almost 50% of it figured out, but can't figure out the other half. A lot of these tracks are featured on Heroes 2, Mr. Smiley Head's Safari, and I'm sure numerous other wads from 1994 - 1996 which have been lost to time. Posting it here in the hopes that any of the others will be figured out.

E1M1:

E1M2:

E1M3: U96 - Das Boot (dasboot.mid)

E1M4:

E1M5: Christopher Wilkins - chris3.mid

E1M6:

E1M7: "Robot Garbage Freighter" from Space Quest III

E1M8: Jean-Michel Jarre - Second Rendez-Vous (rendezii.mid)

E1M9:

Asking this by myself too, it's a long time i'm asking to myself where these music come from...

Anyway, the music from E1M6 make me remember of Strife, but this could be impossible since Strife (even it's 1st shareware release) is from a year above, 1996. However, is something that i've already heard, and not only on a doom wad.