Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

The amazing "identify that Doom song" thread.

04 - Black Sabbath NIB
15 - Black Sabbath War Pigs
Seriously, no one replied before?

There is one particular tune from Doom III: Mr. Smiley Head's Safari that I have been wanting to identify for years. I do not have a direct MIDI rip but this conversion I made some time ago with an OPL3 Soundfont:
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/cu4briy7dzzrqac/D_E1M2.mp3

It's from the second level in episode 1 in the pre-legal version of it.

I am also curious of the tune from the fourth level of the Zombies TC for Doom II. Do not have the MIDI on hand but can upload it if it is needed later.

SpooferJahk, that tune is an original midi composition by Christopher Jon Wilkins, not based on any song sadly. :) The original file name is CHRIS3.MID.

Cell, garrulo map22 is indeed a Rolling Stones track, it is called "Paint it Black".

btw I'm still looking for the map29 song, my favorite in the wad...

Memfis said:

SpooferJahk, that tune is an original midi composition by Christopher Jon Wilkins, not based on any song sadly. :) The original file name is CHRIS3.MID.

Cell, garrulo map22 is indeed a Rolling Stones track, it is called "Paint it Black".

Thanks for the info on the song! One of the mysteries involving a Doom wad has been solved.

The other I mentioned is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/a6niolvqz5gpxiz/D_COUNTD.mp3

Plays in map 04 of the Zombies TC.

I think it might be an original composition again. I've listened to the whole soundtrack to that wad and I don't recognize any of the songs.

Memfis said:

heh, so you gave up sifting through the heroes del silencio discography? well here you go then :D

Memfis said:

I think it might be an original composition again. I've listened to the whole soundtrack to that wad and I don't recognize any of the songs.

I know for sure the first level song is indeed a MIDI version of the 1978 Dawn of the Dead theme. I had a hunch these tunes might be from the film series since the README and sites hosting the wad claim that the tunes are from the Romero zombie film scores. I have listened to the ones I can find and haven't found it yet.

FTM said:

MAP13: it's a song from the Rolling Stones, he doesn't remember which one.

In the meantime, I've found out that it's titled 19th Nervous Breakdown.

Oh my god that's incredible! Nice work!

Not to steal the moment, but I did come on here to ask about some songs. These have been bugging me for ages:

-Greenwar 2 map 34 or Da Will map 06 (very different variants of the same tune)
-Da Will map 10
-A.L.T. map 08
-A.L.T. map 15

Those are the ones I'm most curious about, but most of the other songs from Da Will and A.L.T. are also unidentified, so feel free to chime in with any of them (A.L.T. uses Blood7, obviously, and Da Will has a Duke track, but I think that's all I've got).

Urban Space Cowboy said:

Here's the music from DWANGO6 map 3 (and Hellcore map 1) identified once and for all. No it was not composed by Mancer. It was composed by Edwin van Veldhoven and the title is "Danielle's Face". You can hear it on the preserved remains of his old Geocities site.

That's a lucky find!

With that, only MAP21 and the intermission theme from the original Hellcore remain unidentified. (Also, title screen and intermission theme of Hellcore 2.0.)

Da Will Map10 is the title song from Ecco II: Tides of Time, it says so if you open it with Notepad. Map06 is "Volcano Valley Zone Act 2" from Sonic 3D Blast, again it says so in the file.

Not Jabba said:

Oh my god that's incredible! Nice work!

Not to steal the moment, but I did come on here to ask about some songs. These have been bugging me for ages:

-Greenwar 2 map 34 or Da Will map 06 (very different variants of the same tune)
-Da Will map 10
-A.L.T. map 08
-A.L.T. map 15

Those are the ones I'm most curious about, but most of the other songs from Da Will and A.L.T. are also unidentified, so feel free to chime in with any of them (A.L.T. uses Blood7, obviously, and Da Will has a Duke track, but I think that's all I've got).

Da Will
MAP01: The Imp's Song
MAP02: STORYLINE MUSIC for REQUIEM (c)1997 Mark A. Klem
MAP03: Stalker by Lee Jackson
MAP04:
MAP05: Baked Goods by Lee Jackson
MAP06: Volcano Valley Zone Act 2 (Sonic 3D Blast- Genesis)
Sequenced by John Weeks on July 9, 1999
MAP07: Amour (MIDI version of the Rammstein song, but there's no further metadata about who made that conversion nor even explicit credit to Rammstein)
MAP08: Pressure Point Huh Again By Jay Reichard (silentzora@yahoo.com) Original Melody by Sonic Mayhem From the Quake II: Ground Zero soundtrack
MAP09: "The Maw Awaits" from Memento Mori II MAP14 by David Shaw
MAP10: Title Song From "Ecco II: Tides of Time" Sequenced by Adrew Demidov (AKA Moduvator)

A.L.T.
MAP01: Wing Commander III --- Return to Base ( Fail the mission ) Midi Work Recorded by Anthony Sher.
MAP02: Ring of reflection The Quake 1 soundtrack Send comments to aza_sc@freemail.ru Copyright © 1998 by Sc
MAP03: Zoom to Orgy Copyright © 1999 by Sc aza_sc@freemail.ru
MAP04: Am I Evil? by Metallica (Originally by Diamond Head) Transcribed by King Diamond
MAP05: CBLOOD7
MAP06: Right Here Right Now Fatboy Slim ifni.com IFNI MIDI MUSIC
MAP07: By Morfeus Please e-mail me your comments: morfeus@geocities.com
MAP08: Orion by Metallica Transcribed by King Diamond
MAP09:
MAP10: Lost in the Sky Sveta_Painter Copyright(c) Sveta_Painter
MAP11: Copyright © 1997 by Vital
MAP12: Escape from New York
MAP13: Cathedral Fight © 2005 All Rights Reserved DB By Painkiller Mediastudio
MAP14: Vakhtang Adamiya - it's "Music1.mid" from Astrobatics, as you can find it on MirSoft.
MAP15:
MAP16:
MAP17: Stability Paradox "Underworld" Music by Boiler 2005 sparadox.narod.ru
MAP18: Metropolis part - I Miracle and the Sleeper By Dream Theater MIDI Conversion by MinSoo Cheon From DT Korea Page
MAP19: Sober Tool (MIDI version of this, no further info)
MAP20:
MAP21: Same as MAP07
MAP22: Smack ma bitch up by The Prodigy copyright 1997
MAP23: untitled stels Console Automation Data (very helpful info)
MAP24: MIDI version of "Head Like a Hole" by Nine Inch Nails (same version as in #1DWANGO MAP01)
MAP25: Lunar Outpost theme from Descent
MAP26: X BOX Oleg Adarchenko (2004)
MAP27: Bones from Hexen
MAP28: Fantasy from Hexen
MAP29: Descent into Cerberon By Jay Reichard (silentzora@yahoo.com) Original Melody From Quake II
MAP30: Rise of the Triad menu theme
MAP31: Come into burn Written by Sc Send comments to aza_sc@freemail.ru
MAP32: TARN Think About ... Right Now Written by Sc Send comments at aza_sc@freemail.ru Copyright © 2000 by Sc
Text screen: Gotham by Lee Jackson
Intermission:
Title screen:

Greenwar II
MAP01: Final Fantasy 2 (4j) "Big Battle" Original version by SquareSoft This MIDI version done by David Biedenbach
MAP02: CastleVania 64 Dungeon Sequenced by Hyena trwhite@fgbc.org
MAP03: N64DD, F-Zero X: EXpansion Kit, Devil's Forest 4/Big Foot ~Big Foot~ Originally Composed by Taro Bando, Hajime Wakai Sequenced by Christopher "Nova" Foss
MAP04: Conductor Track (not very explicit, no further info)
MAP05: Zombies Ate My Neighbors Stage 1 - Zombie Panic Sequenced by Robert Hansson (also known as Zersli (or RawBert))
MAP06:
MAP07: Jazz Jackrabbit - World 2-1 "Letni" Sequenced by MaliceX (C) 2004 MaliceX/Team ChaoS MIDI's -=GM Version=-
MAP08: Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Chykka Larva V1.2 Copyright © 2004 by Nintendo. Kenji Yamamoto Sequenced by Justin Bailey composed by Kenji Yamamoto
MAP09:
MAP10: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - Iron Blue Intention by Jayster
MAP11: DUNE · The Battle For Arrakis - Turbulence // by Kyu Copyright © 2005 by Kyu Kyu (Composed by "I Don't Know") A theme from DUNE - THE BATTLE FOR ARRAKIS
MAP12:
MAP13: The Battle For Arrakis - Command Post [Genesis game soundtrack] ©1994 Virgin Interactive Entertainment, ©1994 Westwood Studios, Inc. Sequenced by Marat Sh. Tanalin
MAP14: There are informations about the title here, but they're illegible. What's legible is "THIS FILE COMPILED BY SPICE V1.13B (COPYRIGHT 1995-1998 GORRY) MORE-INFO:IF YOU WANT TO GET MORE INFORMATION OF 'SPICE', ACCESS 'http://GORRY.hauN.org/spice/'."
MAP15: untitled Crackdown Title: seq: oedipus@islandia.is islandia.is/~oedipus
MAP16:
MAP17: Power Chords AWE32 by Howling Dog Systems
MAP18: Smells like Burning Corpse (from TNT Evilution MAP02)
MAP19: EGYP3.MID from Hexen II (Temple of Nefertum song)
MAP20:
MAP21: "Sigma Fortress B" (Mega Man X) Original Score by Setsuo, Tomozou, Suto, Yuko, Kirry. Sequenced by Jarron Woodsorrel
MAP22: Dream Chaser By Jay Reichard (silentzora@yahoo.com) Original Melody- "Dream Chaser" From F-Zero X
MAP23:
MAP24: By Glacius Copyright © 2001 by Glacius
MAP25: Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow "Floating Garden" MIDI by Jorge D. Fuentes- magus4600@hotmail.com
MAP26: untitled Copyright © 2001 by <name> (very helpful metadata, again)
MAP27: CHUCK ROCK by Matthew Simmonds (hey, this one is a .mod)
MAP28: Akumajou Dracula: Gallery of Labyrinth - "Hail from the Past" Originally by Michiru Yamane, Yuzo Koshiro This MIDI by Joseph Collins
MAP29: Jazz Jackrabbit - World 4-2 "Nippius" Sequenced by MaliceX (C) 2004 MaliceX/Team ChaoS MIDI's -=GM Version=-
MAP30: "Simon" from Hexen
MAP31: Copyright © 1995 by Robert C. Prince III (no title, though)
MAP32: Mega Man X6 - Nightmare Zero By ShadowMan.eXe
MAP33: Waltz of the Demons from Doom
MAP34: Volcano Valley (Remix) Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis) Sequenced by Stacy Anne Christiansen
MAP35: Goin' on a Rampage by Eric "The Green Herring" Baker (from Year 21)
Intermission: Invasion of the Gabber Robots (triplicated as the victory and defeat songs for Skulltag)
Title screen: Suspense By Bob Frazier Copyright © 1996 by Bob Frazier

Memfis said:

9 is Memento Mori 2 Map15.

MAP09 of Da Will is MM2 MAP14 "The Maw Awaits", not MAP15; unless my database is broken.

Also filled all the obvious for A.L.T. and GW2. Wonder what title exactly GW2 MAP31 is from; all the metadata says is that it's by Bobby Prince so it must be from a game.

Greenwar II MAP06:

Took me less than 2 seconds to get that from ear :P

Greenwar II MAP20:

Not sure what stage as the SNES ost is not the same as the Megadrive one
Skip to 24.30 to hear it

I just played The Scientist 2 recently and the MIDI on MAP02 sounded very similar to A.L.T. MAP20, so I decided to see the textfile and found out that it's actually a midi of Burning My Soul by Dream Theater. The one on A.L.T. MAP20 is a bit lighter than the one on Scientist 2 MAP02 though.

Brotherhood of Ruin MAP04

In the midi data its like there are 2 titles: mordeth2 and melody. Also the doomwiki writes: "mordeth2 ?". I already checked the post about Brotherhood of Ruin in this thread, but still there's not a clear answer about this track.

The music from MAP15 of the Doomworld Mega Project 2013. According to the author of the map, schwerpunk, this is "Custom MIDI, from Extreme G - Level 3".

I'm curious where this midi comes from though. I asked schwerpunk via PM, and he stated that he doesn't remember. I found a Youtube video where someone made a remix of this midi, but they didn't know either--they claimed that the midi came from vgmusic.com, but this doesn't seem to be the case, as there is no such file on vgmusic.com at all.

And what's more--I've listened to the original songs from the game Extreme-G on Youtube, and none of them seems to sound like this MIDI... (Does that game even have numbered "levels"? It's a racing game after all.) So it's possible this is an entirely different song that got mislabelled somehow. Anyone have a clue?