Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revved

Twilight Zone 1 & 2 demos [-complevel 2]

Twilight Zone 2 Map05 TNT Barons UV Max in 2:47

Damn my itchy trigger finger, under 2:45 is the aim here :)

I think I shall have a look at some of the maps which have not been maxed to see if any are worth the work.

tw2-05-247.zip

cannonball said:

I think I shall have a look at some of the maps which have not been maxed to see if any are worth the work.

u can try map07, though it's sometimes annoying to have the pillar rise up to half after everything dies.

Twilight Zone 2 Map08 Porpoise UV Max in 1:30

That pinky opens that secret door 80% of the time, but not that time, easily my best effort and is ahead of Revved's time.

tw2-08-130.zip

Twilight Zone 2 Map09 Gymea Mentos UV Max in 2:46
Nice map, some good traps here and there, one thing of note is not to take the plasma gun secret before acquiring the bfg to ease the trap that is released when you get that gun :)

tw2-09-246.zip

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

Map03 Max by 1:46.

Very nice, I might start to do some of the unmaxed levels, but it will be slow progress for me as I have a lot of committments at the moment, I should have some decent time in a month(ish) so feel free to do some of the other maps :)

Several months later here is a till this day unmaxed level maxed :)
Twilight Zone 2 Map13 D'Spirals Domain UV Max in 5:46
Cool map, the route I take results in me turning to swiss cheese very quickly, but allows control of where you use plasm/bfg for the entire map. Sub 5:30 is there for anyone who can have a demo where they don't take 4 berserk punches to kill a flaming imp.

tw2-13-546.zip

Twilight Zone 2 Map18 "The Gypsy" UV Max* in 4:48
Only 87% secrets is possible due to a poorly marked secret you can't trigger. (someone probably will now that I've said that). Strangest music ever!!!

tw2-18-448.zip

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

All runs are nice and smooth cannonball! Try map22! That map is ridicously hard since ammo is so limited.

Haha I very much doubt it. The one thing I am crap at is tyson, and this map requires a lot of punching.
Maps I will do are 10 and 17 for sure. Probably 14 then see how I feel about the rest.

Twilight Zone map10 UV Max in 4:12
That damn demon in the yellow key room, never has a monster hiding caused so much grief, probably at least 10 seconds wasted on him, I can't be bothered with this map anymore :(

tw2-10-412.zip

I actually hope to do a demo on Final Dreams Map24. What I think about that map is ammo is very limited, also it contains a lot of soul heads. Leding that cybermarine to infight the monsters isn't easy without getting large damages.

As for the other maps, I still havn't think of a good way to max at, also got problems to reveal the secrets. Map29, I really don't know how to start. Map31 is extremly ridiculous with a huge maze much worst than Plutonias Map11s.

Twilight Zone 2 Map27 UV Max in 6:18
The secrets both require long trips through damage sectors (one of them being 15 seconds spent in a 20 health damage sector) WHY!!!!!

tw2-27-618.zip

Here is a benchmark time for map05
Twilight Zone 2 Map05 UV Fast in 2:55
As a reply to your demo, you don't need to be cautious here, running the level as normal is fine as the invisibility helps no end. Didn't die after the sergeant area once :)

tw2-05f-255.zip