Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MegaZzZeux

WIP: "I Don't Give Up On Trying To Map" - First WAD in years.

Well hello there anyone who may recognize me, and even those of you who don't...Anyway. After many years, I am actually starting a map I am going to finish since 2007's "I Give Up On Trying To Map", and after over a year of even touching Doom, or WadAuthor.

This is going to be a decent sized map, with a decent amount of challenge, and just enough detail to not make it an eyesore (I hope).

Here are the pics so far after just a few hours of work:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1775/idontg1.png
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2939/idontg2.png
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2928/idontg3.png

Shot 1 is nice. Shot 2 looks weird, it looks like there's a HOM there. Shot 3 looks a little bland.

Have you considered using Doombuilder instead of WadAuthor? It's a much better tool and your mapping will improve dramatically using it. And you can do what you did there, in minutes instead of hours.

Yeah the second shot is weird. But there is no HOM there...and as for the third shot that's where I have the map ended so far so still in progress. Also not much of a fan of DB

Because he is a fan of DB2. At least he should be.

EDIT: As for an actual comment, I think this looks like a decent marble-themed map :). I hope you release it.

Doesn't matter what editor you use, so long as you feel comfortable with it. Heck, some of the best stuff ever was made with DEU or similar. Just don't give up this time. ;)

hex11 said:

Doesn't matter what editor you use, so long as you feel comfortable with it. Heck, some of the best stuff ever was made with DEU or similar. Just don't give up this time. ;)

QFT. Awesome wads have been around for lot longer than DB/2. That being said you should definitely look into DB2, it will probably save you a lot of time.

The editor I use has nothing to do with the time frame in which I get stuff done, it more has to do with my mapping style, by deleting and restarting areas to better fit into the level.

Pretty sure DB can accommodate that style :P If you insist then go ahead and keep using WA...but an updated editor would let you skip some of the tedium and get on with making levels (and has less bugs most likely)

Anyway, whichever editor you use, hope to see this completed

Put up some more recent screenshots. Again, still a BIG time work in progress, and so far I am happy with it.

MegaZzZeux said:

Eh, I've just stuck with WA over the years.

Nice. Loving the E4 vibe.