Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

I have nothing to do (please recommend something)

This happens all too often, I just don't have anything to do for hours. Nothing I can think of that would be interesting. So I ask: what's something interesting/entertaining that I can waste my time with? Something on the internet, I suppose, like videos. Could be anything, I don't care.

(and before any mods trash this thread, I guess this thread could be used by others when they're bored)

Have you tried mapping for Doom? That'll kill hours once you learn the basics.

If you do map, what are doing complaining about free time. Shut up and make some Doom maps.

You're bored of Doom? All the crazy things people do with it? Have you played all the big megawads, the top 100 list, multiplayer wads on Skulltag/ZDaemon?

Have you tried Mega Man 8 bit Deathmatch? It's pretty fun. Speaking of that Technician and I were playing and I was trying to help Whoo connect and he was a bitch and left.

If you're just bored of Doom, see if there are any cheap or free games on Steam or whatever. You missed a lot of deals during the Steam Summer camp thing, though they are continuing the publisher pack deals through today (I got the Valve pack).

But really I dunno. You seemed you were doing a lot of stuff.

To you, I'd suggest going on YouTube and watching all the MLP cartoons in sequence.

Technician said:

Have you tried mapping for Doom? That'll kill hours once you learn the basics.

If you do map, what are doing complaining about free time. Shut up and make some Doom maps.

Doom mapping is what made me fail classes in high school. If you approve of Doom Mapping, then you approve of letting young adolescents fail out of school!

Brought to you by DAMNED (Doomers Against Mapping New Edition Dimensions)

On the other hand what are some of your interested activities? We could recommend some ideas based on what it is you like to do

I've heard of this new popular show you could go watch. I think it was called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic or something like that...

Or there's always QWOP.

I go through phases like this, too, except they're worse because the only thing I can possibly do that's worth my time is sleep. And I'm too lazy to do that.

That is true. You could always dig yourself tens of thousands of dollars into debt yearly to party, learn a little bit of nonsense, and teach yourself anything useful. Attend university today!

Xeros612 said:

That is true. You could always dig yourself tens of thousands of dollars into debt yearly to party, learn a little bit of nonsense, and teach yourself anything useful. Attend university today!

Ironically, attending a university is how I dug myself into tens of thousands of dollars into debt.

Replace the shitty Freedoom weapon pickup sprites.
Learn to convert decimal <-> binary in your head.
Beat the Doom Roguelike on Nightmare! using only fists.
Get a job. Get two, if you've still got too much free time.
Read Finnegans Wake. Then read it again.
Watch MLP:FIM. Do it. It's amazing.

Jimmy91 said:

the only thing I can possibly do that's worth my time is sleep. And I'm too lazy to do that.

Please, Great Master, teach me how to do that. I did my best, but it seems I finally found my Great Teacher.

As for boredom tips:

Become a Mocha Doom developer to twist Doom in your own, perverted ways and learn arcane Java skills utterly worthless in the so-called "web economy".

Xeros612 said:

Who said anything about university? I was simply suggesting that it would be far more productive to spend spare time learning something.

Fraggle speaks the truth. I actually spend much of my time flexing my armchair knowledge on astrophysics and biology through online lectures, not that I would ever dare claim to be even remotely learned in those fields.

Then again, to be educated is to know more and more about how little you know. Or at least, that's the best definition of education I can think of.

fraggle said:

I was simply suggesting that it would be far more productive to spend spare time learning something.

Agreed, mindless entertainment for it's own sake is for couch potatoes - might as be asleep. Self-education is something you can do at any time of life, doesn't have to cost a fortune and you might learn something useful.
Try your hand at 3D modelling, maybe knock out a few MD3s for Doom Dude's MLP Doom project.

Get a job.

And I don't mean that in a "you lazy kid, go get a damn job!" way. Working is awesome.

Why not invite your friends to go out somewhere to play or have some parties like n3lpaul3ln does? If not you can also play World of Warcraft!

If you really bored of doom, why not browse at Steam to see if there's any games free to download instead of Counter Strike.