Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheLostJoJo

Fear inducing wads?

I like Doom 64's and Playstaion Doom's feeling of giving the player a good sense of fear and creepiness, almost like Silent Hill. Can anybody recommend any mods or wads for zDoom or Doomsday that can put a sense of fear or uneasiness like Doom 64 or Playstation Doom did? Like with quiet ambient music, scary looking monsters with equally scary sound effects, and dark unsettling levels with hell-like settings. Also, no screamer mods, like Ghouls Forest.

Happy Time Circus 2 kept me on my toes the first 10 minutes or so, but that novelty ran out when it evolved into some sort of zombie massacre fest (except it was clowns). Still recommended, though.

Oh, and City of the Damned: Apocalypse.

Vile-Arch6 said:

I really like to Co-op with my friends, so i need some good scary mods.

A creepy wad i had recently played is: Unloved
It is best played on Gzdoom or Skulltag(OpenGL). I havent tested in on Coop yet.

Merged with another recent thread asking pretty much the same thing.

Please search the forums before asking questions of a type that has most probably been asked before. Often you'll find that your question has already been answered.

Gez said:

Unloved should qualify I guess.

Hellbent tried to create something along these lines for vanilla/limit-removing, but he completely forgot to upload it on a permanent site so it's now lost forever. (Or until someone who has it uploads it to the archive I guess.)

Shit, I never got around to uploading it. I think I will do that right now. Thanks Gez and Maes for the plug. :)

EDIT:

Vile-Arch6 said:

I really like to Co-op with my friends, so i need some good scary mods.

I am improving the texturing right now. It'd be great to get some feedback on the coop play of the map (it actually might play really well). But if you do want to download helltrip.wad, please wait until I upload the version with improved texturing.

The Ultimate Torment & Torture. Even the name sounds creepy. The deeper you get into it, the more disturbing and creepy it becomes. Fear... well maybe, given all the instant death traps it has, especially later on.

Eponasoft said:

The Ultimate Torment & Torture. Even the name sounds creepy.

Yes, because it perfectly reflects what playing that wad will do to you. Ugh.

So I just finished playing Happy Time Circus 2 for the 2nd time, and I am currently playing through Unloved for the 2nd time as well. Can anyone recommend me some wads that are like these two?

Edit: Forgot to mention the Ghoul's Forest series, which I have played all three installments.

Alot of people would recommend Asylum of the Wretched. It didn't really scare me, but maybe I was missing something.

Memfis said:

Use the forum search, this question was asked many times already...

Damn, the one time I don't use the forum search. I guess I should check WADs and Mods more often... If a Mod wants to merge with this thread considering it was pretty recent, feel free.

Also, downloading City of the Damned and Asylum of the Wretched now.

Clonehunter said:

Aliens TC

Best played in the dark, sound FX cranked up, music off...

Alien Quake (Q1 mod from 1997) is also worth playing, if you can find it...