Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guiddqd

Mouse accel in Win98 - Vanilla Doom

Personally I think you're about 12 years too late for this to be very useful :P

If you don't like DOSBox's mouse handling, maybe you can try Chocolate Doom instead?

Now, it's because I record demos for Compet-N.

Then again, if I wasn't 12 years late, modern usb mice wouldn't exist ;)

Ah I see, I thought Compet-N was dead though I'm probably wrong. Their restriction against source ports (like Chocolate Doom or PrBoom or whatnot) always struck me as a bit odd, but probably originated from when cheating the DOS game was harder than modifying the source of a port.... though with re-recording DOSBox patches around, it's not too hard to fake a vanilla demo from mistakes.

At any rate, good luck on your project.

Well, using the original .exe to make legitimate records for a game makes sense. But it's true Compet-N players must rely on trust between each other, which doesn't always pay off... .

Thanks, but I won't go anywhere until I can get that .COM file fixed ;-)

It is no sensitivity setting problem, if you get crazy speed with mouse_sensitivity=1 and remember what before you reinstalling your windows you have normal mouse speed. (Most likely it is wrong mouse RESOLUTION setting, so if you will change your mouse speed lower via that .COM - you anyway got crappy movement).

So better concentrate on device/drivers/system settings etc. Personally, every time when I reinstalling mouse or drivers I got HUGE pain in ass for normalize the mouse behavior. And every time I solved this problem more on intuitively level. So I have nothing to help you - even our mices are from different manufacturers.

Hitherto said:

It is no sensitivity setting problem, if you get crazy speed with mouse_sensitivity=1 and remember what before you reinstalling your windows you have normal mouse speed. (Most likely it is wrong mouse RESOLUTION setting, so if you will change your mouse speed lower via that .COM - you anyway got crappy movement).

So better concentrate on device/drivers/system settings etc. Personally, every time when I reinstalling mouse or drivers I got HUGE pain in ass for normalize the mouse behavior. And every time I solved this problem more on intuitively level. So I have nothing to help you - even our mices are from different manufacturers.

This isn't true. Only because Windows mouse settings don't apply to doom.exe since it's DOS application.

I didn't have normal mouse speed before reinstalling. Accel was fixed, but the sensitivity was the same. I tried to fix it changing the Windows settings, but as I said, it DOESN'T apply to DOOM.exe!

ps: Hiherto, please check your PM box.

Hey godlike hackers, who wander around this Olympus, can anybody recommend a free, small, simply HEX editor for DOS/Win9x?