Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anvil 31

Just a quick question

Does anyone play Doom 2 Multiplayer on Xbox Live?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Does anyone play Doom 2 Multiplayer on Xbox Live?

• Yes
    • Mostly
    • Sometimes
    • Barely
    • No

I played every doom except 2 and i wan't to know if there is anyone still playing multiplayer on Xbox Live? Other than that i don't see much into the game. Please reply, i signed up to ask this.

Hey, everyone! I just wan't to know if anyone still plays Xbox Live multiplayer on Doom 2. Well does anyone? Because i might not buy the game if not, but it does seem kinda fun. Please reply i signed up to ask this question.

A few months ago it was pretty sparse, but you could find a game if you waited around long enough. I have no clue whether that has changed or not by now. There was a lot of activity for about a month after it was released, but it died down pretty quickly.

I certainly wouldn't buy XBLA Doom 2 for the multiplayer, myself, as you can do much better using a source port over the internet anyway. The No Rest For The Living bonus episode is fairly cool, though.

Mithran Denizen said:

A few months ago it was pretty sparse, but you could find a game if you waited around long enough. I have no clue whether that has changed or not by now. There was a lot of activity for about a month after it was released, but it died down pretty quickly.

I certainly wouldn't buy XBLA Doom 2 for the multiplayer, myself, as you can do much better using a source port over the internet anyway. The No Rest For The Living bonus episode is fairly cool, though.

Yeah but when i played Doom 2 on Co-Op and Multi(TRIAL VERSION), it was so much fun! I never had that much fun in another game...

Mithran Denizen said:

Well, you can have the same amount of fun (or more) playing Doom on your computer over the internet, no?

Xbox has more levels, and now that you mention it i'm trying to get people to play doom 2 again and it's working! But i really wan't more users replying so i can get a more accurate answer.

I dont, though largely due to cancelling my live account. When I did have it, I stuck with single player as there were never any games going in my area (the ones that were there had horrible latency)

Anvil 31 said:

Xbox has more levels, and now that you mention it i'm trying to get people to play doom 2 again and it's working! But i really wan't more users replying so i can get a more accurate answer.

Doom and Doom 2 on PC have so many more levels (custom maps) than the Xbox version that... I don't even ... Not to mention all of the mods. Dude, when you realize how customizable the Doom engine is you will shit bricks. Shit, I'm still reeling over you saying Doom on the XBLA has more levels, you are in for a fucking awesome surprise :D

Anvil 31 said:

Yeah but when i played Doom 2 on Co-Op and Multi(TRIAL VERSION), it was so much fun! I never had that much fun in another game...

EDIT: Does the trial allow you to play split screen? Last time I tried only single player was available in the trial version..

Get it on PC, hundreds of people play online on Zdaemon, Skulltag and Odamex. not to mention thousands of extra levels on the idgames archives and it's about the same price on steam as it is on XBL.

This thread reminds me of years ago when I was playing ZDoom on my laptop and a co-worker saw me and was completely floored at the concept that Doom runs on anything newer than Windows 98..

Blew his mind when I told what Doom has become throughout it's lifetime.

Mike.Reiner said:

This thread reminds me of years ago when I was playing ZDoom on my laptop and a co-worker saw me and was completely floored at the concept that Doom runs on anything newer than Windows 98..

Blew his mind when I told what Doom has become throughout it's lifetime.

I love that situation. When somebody sees you playing Doom but is unaware of how many amazing mods there are, it's so much fun to show off awesome Doom suff :D