Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. T

Megadeth Peace Sells 25th Anniversary Edition

http://www.amazon.com/Peace-Sells-Whos-Buying-Anniversary/dp/B004WPT3ZM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310639664&sr=8-1

Holy shit... This sounds amazing!

Really! If you even kind of like metal, you need to buy it. The mix is GREAT! They basically remastered it with love and care, it even has good dynamics (IE no "Brick Wall" EQ)... this is one solid a$$ release!

And that's coming from someone who already owns

• Peace Sells... But Who's Buying (original)
• Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? (2004 Remix, cool but didn't have the "vibe" of the original)

Not to forget the 2003 DVD Audio version (which I don't have, phew).

I usually would spew at the thought of buying an album for the 3rd time, but this really is something else. Turn it up!

Nice, $17 for two discs. Usually that would jack the price up to $24 or more. If I were more of a Megadeth fan, I'd buy it.

Nope, it's a whole new remaster and not remixed like the 2004 version. It really does sound perfect.

I don't think they can do the same thing for Rust In Peace (altho that would be cool) because they lost the vocal tracks for some of the songs, which is why some of them have re-recorded vocals in the 2004 version.

Mr. T said:

I don't think they can do the same thing for Rust In Peace (altho that would be cool) because they lost the vocal tracks for some of the songs, which is why some of them have re-recorded vocals in the 2004 version.

If it's a simple remaster, like this release, they would just use the stereo master, they wouldn't need to remix it.