Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

There's Something About Tails

Recommended Posts

Mostly ProjectDarkFox's project, but I've been the only one developing it for the past several months (if you didn't know, I'm the co-developer). Anyway, I figured I'd post it here just to see what people at Doomworld think.

So, this is a game about someone named Jake Pryde, in the Mechwarrior universe. He is killed in his mech, and suddenly wakes up as Tails at age 12 in an underground base of the Freedom Fighters.

It's all based on a sprite comic (not a sprite comic anymore, it recently switched to being drawings). It would explain the backstory a lot better than I could:

http://www.treadhead.net/tsat/tsatmaincomic.htm

It's story will be slightly different than the comic, and it will have branching story lines based on player decisions.


Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/JSdsz

Share this post


Link to post

I read that sprite comic a few years back. The mod looks pretty good, I love the shot with the loop and Jake's response to seeing it.

Share this post


Link to post

Forgot to post this earlier. Keep in mind, it's kinda outdated, but it's the most recent official trailer.


Share this post


Link to post

Wow, this project looks really awesome.
In fact it reminds me a little of my TC, let me lay down the synapses for you: James Bond, Captain Jack Sparrow, and Egon are sent on a secret mission back in time to rescue Abe Lincoln from confederate Decepticons. It's called Abe of Ages and we should totally team up. Using other people's intellectual property for no paticular reason was a lot more fun than just making up my own characters. So dude, drop me a PM, I can make maps for this awesome beast!

Share this post


Link to post
Justince said:

In fact it reminds me a little of my TC, let me lay down the synapses for you: James Bond, Captain Jack Sparrow, and Egon are sent on a secret mission back in time to rescue Abe Lincoln from confederate Decepticons. It's called Abe of Ages and we should totally team up.

This sounds amazing, I hope you're not just joking with this.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, folks, please don't download this. Apparently it's legit, but this was done without ProjectDarkFox's permission, so it's before he wanted this thing to be seen.

This little stunt of his was pulled off over at ZDoom too, so yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
XutaWoo said:

This little stunt of his was pulled off over at ZDoom too, so yeah.

So ToastyFox is an alternate profile for Sodaholic, assuming no one else had access to it? The registering of the former does coincide with the banning of the latter, IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Necromancer-AMV said:

So ToastyFox is an alternate profile for Sodaholic, assuming no one else had access to it? The registering of the former does coincide with the banning of the latter, IIRC.

Except that that was a completely different forum, unrelated to this one.

Anyway, I've had my fun, I'm bored of this now.

Share this post


Link to post
Sodaholic said:

Anyway, I've had my fun, I'm bored of this now.


I don't care at all about this project, but your cavalier attitude disgusts me.

Share this post


Link to post
Csonicgo said:

I'm not trying to back seat moderate, but isn't this a bannable offense?

On the FAQ, it seems to be talking more about commercial, copyrighted content than it is about indie mods. Not sure if it includes the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Sodaholic said:

On the FAQ, it seems to be talking more about commercial, copyrighted content than it is about indie mods. Not sure if it includes the latter.

So what the fuck kind of pleasure do you get out of this? Do you like to see me angry or something? Is that it?

Share this post


Link to post
prdarkfox said:

So what the fuck kind of pleasure do you get out of this? Do you like to see me angry or something? Is that it?

Chill dude. You just got a new apartment, you're not out on the streets. Now is a good time to celebrate getting back on your feet, not raging over a mod for a video game.

Besides, I'm removing all the links.

Share this post


Link to post

As Essel said, it's something-able. Don't know about a ban, but considering that your average internet community exists through a general consensus on continuing to exist based on a generally maintained state of not giving each other reasons to dissolve said community... that something should be pretty harsh.

Share this post


Link to post
Sodaholic said:

Chill dude. You just got a new apartment, you're not out on the streets. Now is a good time to celebrate getting back on your feet, not raging over a mod for a video game.

Besides, I'm removing all the links.

I don't think I need to inform you why it's considered bad form to tell someone they need to "chill out" after you've personally provoked them.

Share this post


Link to post
Sodaholic said:

Chill dude. You just got a new apartment, you're not out on the streets. Now is a good time to celebrate getting back on your feet, not raging over a mod for a video game.

Besides, I'm removing all the links.

Answer my fucking question.

Share this post


Link to post

I kinda helped out with that project, too... so, what the absolute fuck?

Please explain, Soda. Not through PM, preferably.

Share this post


Link to post
Sodaholic said:

Except that that was a completely different forum, unrelated to this one.

Anyway, I've had my fun, I'm bored of this now.


So since you were bored with the project that wasn't your own but you merely contributed to, you released it.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×